This 4 Ingredient Simple Green Smoothie is made with sweet frozen, ripe bananas, heart-healthy spinach, creamy almond milk, and warm vanilla flavor. Blended into a refreshing and nutritious meal or snack that takes less than 5 minutes to make and is both vegan and gluten-free!
This is a Simple Green Smoothie recipe that only has 4 ingredients — frozen bananas, spinach, almond milk, and vanilla. It is packed with nutrition and is the best way to start your day off right with an easy healthy breakfast treat!
Similar to this Simple Mixed Berry Smoothie that is also a great alternative if your kids aren’t keen on eating the green things yet. Which I totally get!
I just LOVE the bright green color of this smoothie. It’s so vibrant and makes you feel like you are doing something good for yourself while also enjoying this nutritious treat! My mom even said it tastes like dessert!
Plus it is a healthy snack you can serve to your kids that also helps keep you on track with your Healthy Eating Habits and goals since you can actually now eat the same thing as them.
Why you will love this recipe
- It only has 4 ingredients
- It is delicious and tastes like a milkshake
- Nutritious – thank you bananas and spinach!
- Totally kid-friendly!
- The perfect healthy breakfast or quick snack
If you are into smoothies, just getting into them or are looking for easy recipes to get more nutrition into your kids this one totally works.
There are just so many combinations you can mix up to make a great smoothie like this one!
Ingredients you will need
How to Freeze Bananas
Freezing bananas is simple and easy to do. Not to mention it is an incredible ingredient to have ready to go for a quick and easy healthy treat like this Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream.
First, Once the bananas are ripe, turning brown and slightly soft, peel and break them up into chunks. I like to slice them into 1-inch pieces. This will make it easier to blend them once they are frozen.
Then, Place the banana chunks into a ziplock bag, seal it and store them in the freezer for easy grabbing to throw into a smoothie.
How to make this Simple Green Smoothie
- Place all ingredients: frozen bananas, spinach, almond milk, and vanilla extract into a high – speed blender and blend for 30 seconds until fully formed into a smooth, silky milkshake-like texture.
- Pour into glasses and serve cold.
I like to top mine with some sliced banana, shredded coconut and chia seeds for some added texture.
My kids and my husband love this smoothie and it has been the easiest way for me to get my spicy 6-year old to eat more fruits and veggies.
So super easy and incredibly delicious!
What to serve with this Simple Green Smoothie
- Pancakes. Such as these Banana Oatmeal Pancakes or these Simple Almond Flour Pancakes.
- Eggs. Like these Veggie Egg White Bites, Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Muffins, or this Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche.
- Muffins. Like these Healthy Apple Muffins, Healthy Zucchini Muffins, or these incredible Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins.
More simple and easy breakfast Ideas
Looking for more simple and super easy healthy breakfast ideas. Here are some of my absolute favorites when I am in a rush.
- Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 5 Ingredient Mango Banana Smoothie – Vegan
- Healthy Breakfast Make Ahead Sandwich
- Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Spinach Feta Wrap with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Expert tips for making smoothies
- Buy fresh fruit (bananas, berries, mango, and cherries are the best) when it’s on sale and store it in freezer-safe ziplock bags. Then you will have it ready to grab whenever you need a quick healthy meal or snack.
- Add some greens – including a handful of greens like fresh spinach or kale in your smoothies will bump up the nutrition and help you get your greens in.
- Add some protein powder – adding protein powder to a smoothie is an easy way to get in some extra clean protein as well as help you recover from a tough workout.
- Use plant-based milk or even regular milk instead of water to add even more nutrition to your smoothie.
- Add some healthy fat – healthy fats like avocado, almond butter, chia or flax seeds will help you stay fuller longer as well as add even more nutrition to your smoothies.
Did you make this recipe? If you did then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you.Print