Sweet frozen ripe bananas, heart-healthy spinach, creamy almond milk, and warm vanilla flavor make this Simple Green Smoothie one that you will make all the time! It takes less than 5 minutes plus its vegan, gluten-free!
- 1 cup frozen sliced bananas
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Pour into glasses, serve cold and enjoy!
To freeze bananas: Once they are pretty ripe, slice them and place them into an airtight ziplock bag, close up the bag and place them in the freezer for quick smoothies like this one!
Expert tips for prepping smoothies
- Buy fresh fruit (bananas, berries, mango, and cherries are the best) when it’s on sale and store it in freezer-safe ziplock bags. Then you will have it ready to grab whenever you need a quick healthy meal or snack.
- Add some greens – including a handful of greens like fresh spinach or kale in your smoothies will bump up the nutrition and help you get your greens in.
- Add some protein powder – adding protein powder to a smoothie is an easy way to get in some extra clean protein as well as help you recover from a tough workout.
- Use plant-based milk or even regular milk instead of water to add even more nutrition to your smoothie.
- Add some healthy fat – healthy fats like avocado, almond butter, chia or flax seeds will help you stay fuller longer as well as add even more nutrition to your smoothies.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0