This Mango Banana Smoothie is made from just 5 simple ingredients and it is a perfect healthy snack for kids and adults. Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free and packed with protein and vitamins.
Smoothies are kind of a thing when you have kids, at least they are with my kids. This Mango Banana Smoothie was a hit with my two boys and my mom as well. Which proves that it really is a healthy snack that everyone will love!
Smoothies are great since they are such a quick and easy way to get some good fruits and veggies in while enjoying a yummy but still healthy treat that can give you an extra boost of energy in your day.
I kept this smoothie recipe simple with only 5 ingredients. Similar to this Simple Mixed Berry Smoothie that is also a crowd pleaser in our family.
I think the ingredients in a smoothie are so important. They need to really mesh together when blended as well as provide great taste and nutrition. It is key to pick flavors that you think will go together (like mango, orange and banana) and add in a creamy element (like coconut milk) plus some protein. All of these factors result in a crazy good, smooth and refreshing smoothie.
I really wanted to make this one taste kind of like an orange creamsicle but with a mango twist. The result is that it totally tastes like an orange creamsicle but with a hint of tropical mango and the intense citrus flavors are amazing!
Mix that in with some creamy, sweet banana, coconut milk and protein powder and you have one crave-worthy Mango Banana Smoothie that you will be making over and over again.
Why you will just love this Mango Banana Smoothie
Most mango smoothies are pretty delicious but this one has a few elements that take it to the next level.
- It has an amazing creamy, smooth texture that is nice and cold and refreshing. So good on a hot summer day!
- The sweetness in this smoothie comes from all natural ingredients. Like REAL FRUIT!
- It only includes the healthiest whole, real ingredients. There are no added sugars.
- It is Vegan, Diary-Free, Gluten Free and a great healthy snack. All the good things.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- Mango – high in vitamin C and packs a nice tropical flavor into this smoothie recipe
- Banana – Creamy, lots of potassium and contains natural sweetness
- Orange Juice – adds some sweetness and orange flavor. You can use fresh squeezed or store-bought.
- Coconut milk – or any plant based milk to give it that smooth, creamy texture.
- Protein powder – to add in some good hearty protein. I use vanilla pea protein powder to keep this recipe vegan- friendly.
Are mangoes good for you?
Mangoes are a bright yellow, citrus-packed fruit that can add so much flavor to your smoothies. They are also low in calories, have natural sugars that add some sweetness to this recipe and are packed with vitamin C and Fiber. I would say those are all good reasons to eat more mangoes.
How to make a mango banana smoothie
Are you ready? It is a two step recipe and takes less than 5 minutes.
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 15-30 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
How easy is that? So super simple, can be ready in minutes and it is just the best quick and healthy treat we all sometimes need after the kids get home from school. My kids really enjoy this as an after school snack or after a long bike ride or hike since it is just so refreshing.
Ways to customize this recipe
- Use pineapple juice or mango juice in place of the orange juice.
- Add in some Greek yogurt (1/4 cup) in place of the protein powder for an even creamier smoothie.
- Freeze the bananas for a colder, more soft serve ice cream texture to this smoothie recipe.
- Add in some chia seeds (1 TBS) for even more protein and healthy fats.
- Add some fresh spinach for a fun tropical green smoothie.
More healthy smoothie recipes to try
- 4 Ingredient Simple Green Smoothie
- 5 Minute Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Simple Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Shake
- Use one part frozen fruit to one part fresh fruit for the best results in this recipe. I recommend using frozen mango and fresh sliced bananas but you can also use fresh mango and frozen bananas.
- Any plant based milk or even cow’s milk will work in this recipe.
- Make sure all of the ingredients (except the protein powder) are nice and cold, straight from the refrigerator before adding them to the blender.
- You can make and store this smoothie in smoothie glasses or mason jars fitted with a lid and keep them in the refrigerator for 1-2 days but this smoothie really does taste the best if enjoyed right away.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print