This incredible Viral Cucumber Pepper Salad is the ultimate summer side dish! It is refreshing, sweet, and spicy and can be made in under 10 minutes with a few simple ingredients. Great for meal prep too!
You are going to fall in love with this Tiktok Cucumber Pepper Salad! It’s the perfect summer salad recipe and makes an easy side you can whip up and bring to any BBQ.
This delicious crunchy cucumber salad is made with a few ingredients like mini bell peppers, mini Persian cucumbers, onion, and carrots. The bold flavors for this sweet pepper salad are the ginger dressing, chili crunch oil, and everything bagel seasoning.
There is a reason this salad went viral when it was first shared by Rachael Kirkconnell as one of the top Tiktok recipes. The perfect combination of sweet and spicy flavors in this recipe creates a delightful harmony of umami goodness.
And the best part? It’s a slam dunk in terms of ease and simplicity! Not to mention, it’s incredibly healthy, packed with dietary fiber and essential vitamins for a nourishing meal.
I added my own spin on it by incorporating shallots, and carrot ribbons for even more taste and flavor.
Why you’ll love this amazing bell pepper salad
- Bursting with incredible flavor!
- Easy to make
- Healthy, fresh salad
- Great meal prep recipe
Ingredients you will need
- Mini Sweet Bell Peppers: Colorful, mild, elevated taste. Use any combination of colors.
- Persian Cucumbers: Crisp, refreshing crunchy mini cucumbers that are dainty but flavorful.
- Shallots: Subtle onion-like depth. You could also use red onion.
- Carrots (Ribbons): Sweet, crunchy, adds texture.
- Miso Ginger Dressing: Tangy, aromatic, silky flavors. Use any type you like.
- Chili Crunch Oil: this spicy flavor adds excitement to the recipe. You can find it at most grocery stores or Trader Joe’s.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: Savory, nutty blend that adds a nice balance of flavors.
How to make the viral cucumber pepper salad – Step by Step
Step 1: Cut the peppers, cucumber, carrots, and shallots and add them to a large bowl.
Step 2: Top the veggies with the dressing.
Step 3: Add the chili oil, and everything bagel seasoning, and toss everything together.
Step 4: Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator for an hour, then toss and eat.
Pro tip! To make the cucumber pepper salad even more flavorful, marinate the sliced cucumbers, mini sweet bell peppers, and shallots in the ginger miso dressing for about 15-20 minutes before assembling the salad. This allows the vegetables to absorb the tangy and aromatic flavors of the dressing, intensifying the taste and creating a truly delectable experience.
Expert Tips for Success
- Dressing: you can use any ginger miso dressing or even a homemade dressing. It’s a pretty versatile recipe.
- Carrot ribbons: For perfect texture, use a peeler or mandoline for thin, even carrot ribbons. They’ll blend well, adding a pleasant crunch and even flavor distribution to the salad.
- Veggies: Mini Persian cucumbers are best in this recipe since they are smaller, contain fewer seeds, and are more flavorful than larger cucumbers. You can easily cut the peppers by slicing through the end to the top, and then discard the top full of the seeds.
- Chili crunch oil: the chili oil makes the whole salad shine, with the perfect hint of spice! I recommend adding it gradually since adding too much could make it too spicy to eat. A mistake I made the first time I tried this recipe.
Variations for this cucumber salad
- Add some creamy avocado.
- Mix in some cooked chicken breast or tuna fish to make it a complete meal.
- Add some crumbled feta cheese for some salty, creamy elements.
- Mix in some black beans or chickpeas for even more fiber and plant-based protein.
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime for a citrusy taste to help balance out the spiciness of the chili oil.
How to store this salad
Leftovers can easily be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days! The best part is that this salad gets even more flavorful as it sits!
I love to enjoy this salad with lean proteins like chicken breast or pork tenderloin for a heartier meal. It also makes an easy side dish with salmon or a burger!
More easy recipes
- Viral Strawberry Yogurt Bites
- Viral Blueberry Yogurt Clusters
- Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Simple Fennel Slaw
Other salads to try
Did you try this Viral Cucumber Pepper Salad? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print