These bakery-style Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins are fluffy, moist and very easy to make. They are the best quick breakfast or snack on the go!
I love a good healthy muffin recipe and these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins are most definitely one of my new favourites. They come together quickly and easily and my kids love them. We are also obsessed with these Healthy Zucchini Muffins that are so good we make them all the time as well.
Why you will love these gluten free muffins
- They are very easy to make in under 30 minutes
- They come out so moist and fluffy
- Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack
How long will gluten free chocolate chip muffins last?
These muffins store great and will last for 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container on the counter. Which makes them great for meal prep.
You can also freeze these muffins wrapped in plastic and stored in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Simply defrost them overnight in the refrigerator when ready to eat.
How do you make sure gluten free muffins come out fluffy?
There are few tricks to making these healthy muffins come out nice and fluffy. First, the combination of the almond flour and gluten free all purpose flour definitely helps as well as whisking the flours together with a good amount of baking powder.
The eggs in this recipe act as a binder and also help keep these muffins nice and moist and fluffy. Lastly, making sure not to over mix the batter will yield great, fluffy muffins.
What you will need to make these healthy muffins
How to make gluten free chocolate chip muffins
- Mix up with wet ingredients.
- Mix up the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips
- Divide the muffin batter evenly into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees F for 17-18 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and press some more chocolate chips into the top of each muffin for that bakery-style look.
Get full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
How to make bakery style chocolate chip muffins
To get that bakery-style look with these muffins you will want to make sure to fill the muffin cups to the very top with the batter so you get that nice muffin top when they bake.
Also, you want to press some more chocolate chips into the top of each muffin right after they bake. This is a little tedious but so worth it for that delicious bakery-style look and taste.
Expert tips for making perfect muffins every time
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately then combine them. This will allow all of the ingredients to be mixed well before baking the muffins. This will also ensure you do not over mix the batter.
- Use mini chocolate chips since the larger chocolate chips may sink when you bake the muffins.
- Use a measuring cup or ice cream scoop to divide the batter between the lined muffin cups to ensure all of the muffins are the same size.
- Let the muffins fully cool after baking so they do not stick to the muffin liners once you are ready to serve them.
How to serve these muffins
Enjoy them as a sweet breakfast snack alongside these Veggie Egg White Bites
Have them with this Simple Green Smoothie for an on-the-go breakfast.
More easy gluten free muffin recipes
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Did you make this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print