These Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins are the best you will ever make! They turn out perfectly light, fluffy, and wonderfully moist every time!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray 10 cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl and lightly whisk to combine.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the egg, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine into a smooth batter. Fold in the shredded zucchini and oats. This is also where you would fold in the nuts and chocolate chips if using.
- Fill and bake. Evenly divide the batter between 10 muffin cavities until about 3/4 full and bake in the middle rack of the oven at 400 degrees F for 16-18 minutes, until the tops and edges are nice and golden brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy with a soft pat of butter or almond butter.
- You do not need to squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini after your shred it. The extra water in the zucchini helps keep these muffins super moist, even the next day.
- Out of zucchini? Use shredded apple or shredded carrots in place of the zucchini in this recipe.
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Swap the egg with 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or flax egg.
- Out of maple syrup? You could also use honey or coconut sugar in place of the maple syrup.
- Add in some extras. You could add in some toasted nuts or chocolate chips for added texture. Just make sure to toast the nuts a bit before folding them in to bring out their flavor.
- To store: These muffins can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 2 days and covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. See the post for how to freeze these muffins.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Healthy desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free zucchini muffins, zucchini muffins, zucchini, zucchini muffins recipe