Healthy zucchini muffins that the whole family will love! A perfect way to get some extra veggie in! Only a few simple steps and ingredients, plus these are refined sugar free and gluten-free!!!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini – about 1medium zucchini
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder,cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl and lightly whisk to combine. In a seperate mixing bowl, combine the egg, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine into a smooth batter. Fold in the shredded zucchini and oats. This is also where you would fold in the nuts and chocolate chips if using.
- Evenly divide the batter between 10 muffin cups and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 16-18 minutes,until the tops and edges are nice and golden brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy with a soft pat of butter or almond butter.
- You do not need to squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini after your shred it. The extra water in the zucchini helps keep these muffins super moist, even the next day.
- Out of zucchini? Use shredded apple or shredded carrots in place of the zucchini in this recipe.
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Swap the egg with 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce.
- Out of maple syrup? You could also use honey or coconut sugar in place of the maple syrup.
- Add in some extras. You could add in some toasted nuts or chocolate chips for added texture. Just make sure to toast the nuts a bit before folding them in to bring out their flavor.
- To store: These muffins can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 2 days and covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Healthy desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini muffins, zucchini, gluten free muffins, almond flour recipes