Herby basil, salty parmesan cheese, nutty pistachios, garlic, lemon, and olive oil blended into this incredible sauce that comes together in less than 5 minutes. Use if for topping on pizza, pasta, sandwiches or soups.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps pistachios
- Add the basil, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor and pulse on high while streaming in the olive oil until fully combined into a smooth, slightly chunky sauce.
- Add in the pistachios and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Serve as a dip, or topping on pizza, pasta, or sandwiches
- This pesto can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- For a vegan version, swap out the parmesan with vegan parmesan cheese.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto recipe, basil