These Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs are wonderfully creamy and fluffy. Enjoy these eggs for a delicious high-protein breakfast you can make in under 10 minutes!
You have to try these cottage cheese scrambled eggs. Add some cottage cheese to your eggs, scramble, and cook them and that’s it! They turn out so creamy and fluffy with just a few ingredients. It’s such a great way to take your breakfast to the next level.
If you are a fan of scrambled eggs in the morning then wait until you try them mixed with some cottage cheese. It adds this delightful creaminess to the eggs that just makes the perfect eggs to start your day!
These scrambled eggs with cottage cheese have become one of my new favorite ways to increase my protein for a low-carb breakfast that is filling and satisfying. This egg recipe is also great if you are counting macros since it packs 28 grams of protein per serving and is also low in carbs.
You may also enjoy these egg muffins that are just as easy to make and packed with protein!
Why you’ll love these scrambled eggs with cottage cheese
- Quick and easy – ready in under 10 minutes!
- Protein-packed – 28 grams of protein per serving for a high-protein breakfast you will love.
- Flavorful – creamy, rich, fluffy eggs with a hint of salt and pepper and a nice burst of herb flavors from the chives.
- Customizable and versatile – use eggs or egg whites, and add in some cooked spinach or leftover veggies. Serve with a side of tomatoes, berries, breakfast sausage, or toast.
- Why you’ll love these scrambled eggs with cottage cheese
- How To Make Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- Optional add-ins
- Tips for making cottage cheese scrambled eggs
- What is the best cottage cheese to use?
- Serving suggestions
- Storing and reheating tips
- More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- Eggs: three large eggs are the main stars of this dish and add a nice punch of protein.
- Cottage cheese: gives the eggs a wonderful creamy, cheesy flavor as well as a good amount of protein. You can use full-fat or low-fat cottage cheese.
- Salt and black pepper: simple seasonings to enhance the flavors of the eggs.
- Chives: are used for garnish to add color and herby, onion flavor to the dish.
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients and detailed instructions in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs
These are the best scrambled eggs with cottage cheese that are so easy to make and are very flavorful. They are my favorite way to get extra protein early in the day. Here is how to make them:
Step one: Crack the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
Step two: Whisk well until fully combined.
Step three: Heat a pan to medium-low heat on the stovetop, and coat the pan with some butter or olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the center of the pan and use a rubber spatula to turn and toss the eggs in the pan as they cook.
Step four: Once the eggs are mostly cooked (fluffy and not liquid), remove them from the heat and transfer them to a plate.
Serve topped with fresh chives and enjoy these incredibly fluffy, yummy scrambled eggs. I really cannot emphasize how delicious they are!
These cottage cheese eggs are great as is but here are a few additions you can add to give them even more flavor and nutrition.
- Onions and peppers – green onions are also delicious with eggs.
- Hot sauce
- Fresh herbs – like thyme, parsley, or rosemary.
Tips for making cottage cheese scrambled eggs
- Use fresh ingredients – fresh eggs and good quality cottage cheese (2-4% fat) will yield the best tastiest results. I love Good Culture brand. See below for more suggestions.
- Cook the eggs low and slow – cooking the eggs on medium-low heat is best so they don’t get rubbery or brown as they cook. This will keep them fluffier and creamier.
- Seasoning is key – adding some salt and pepper to the eggs will enhance their flavor and make them even more yummy.
- Consistent stirring – you want to keep stirring the eggs consistently and gently to achieve that fluffy, creamy texture.
- Select a quality non-stick skillet – I have found that cooking eggs in a non-stick pan is best to prevent them from sticking when paired with a touch of butter or oil before adding the eggs.
What is the best cottage cheese to use?
The best cottage cheese to use for eggs really depends on personal preference. I prefer to use 2% or 4% good quality cottage cheese but really any type of cottage cheese will work in this recipe. Here are the brands I have tried that were good.
These scrambled eggs are great on their own but we love to pair them with some avocado toast and fresh fruit for an even heartier breakfast with lots of protein and fiber. You can also wrap the eggs up into breakfast burritos, and serve them on some plain whole-grain toast with a side of steamed veggies, some breakfast sausage or with a smoothie!
Storing and reheating tips
Scrambled eggs, especially with cottage cheese are best if eaten right away. If you do have leftovers then let them cool completely, transfer them to an airtight container, and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Eat them sooner rather than later of course. Reheat them in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring them in between until warmed through.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Oven Baked Eggs
- Protein Pancakes
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
These are literally the fluffiest scrambled eggs that are irresistibly flavorful that everyone will love, even if they are not a fan of cottage cheese. I hope you try them out!
If you do try this cottage cheese eggs recipe, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear what you think of them!Print