This cherry banana smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients like frozen cherries, bananas, chia seeds, protein powder and kefir. It is loaded with cherry chocolate goodness and it is the best healthy sweet treat for breakfast or dessert.
I have been so excited to share this cherry smoothie recipe because it is just that good! My kids, my husband, my sisters and my mom all went crazy over this recipe. In fact they have been begging me to post it!
This recipe even convinced one of my sisters to finally buy a blender, just so she can make it! It is just the perfect healthy, sweet treat that you can actually eat every day if you want.
I surprisingly prefer a smoothie like this one rather than ice cream since I know that I will feel much better after I eat it. Plus if you enjoy this smoothie in the evening it may help you sleep better. Check out the benefits of eating cherries below.
Are cherries good for you?
Yes! Cherries contain lots of vitamins like vitamin A and C as well as antioxidants. One of the things that blew me away was that cherries can actually help you sleep better since they contain melatonin.
Cherries also help improve muscle recovery, have anti inflammatory properties and can help protect your heart against heart disease. Check out this article on the Benefits of Eating Cherries to learn more.
Ingredients needed to make this Cherry Banana Smoothie
How to make a cherry banana smoothie
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender. Adding the liquids first to make it easier to blend.
- Place the lid onto the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Divide into glass and enjoy immediately.
Smoothie making tips and variations
- Use a mix of fresh and frozen fruit for the best consistency. I love the mix of frozen cherries and fresh banana in this recipe.
- Add a healthy fat to balance everything out. In this recipe I used Kefir or you can also use Greek Yogurt. Use coconut milk for the vegan version.
- Add a protein to keep you fuller longer. I used a vegan chocolate protein powder which also gives this healthy smoothie a nice chocolate flavor.
- Blend it up in a high speed blender until smooth and enjoy it right away!
More healthy smoothie recipes to try!
- 4 Ingredient Green Smoothie
- 5 Minute Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 5 Ingredient Mango Banana Smoothie
- Simple Mixed Berry Smoothie
Did you make this smoothie recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print