Gluten-Free Apple Pear Crisp! I am just trying not to drool while I type this. Sweet cinnamon and nutmeg spiced apples and pears topped with this incredible gluten-free oat topping. Pretty much the prefect dessert in my book. I added a nice scoop of Halo vanilla ice cream since it has more protein than other ice creams. That’s girl math, If it has protein and fruit then I can count it as a health food. I can and I will!
Now I am not a big “sweets” or “dessert” person but when I do crave something sweet, its fruit all the way for me! And apple and pear crisp is at the top of that list!
I made this last Christmas and everyone was asking for the recipe, which I did not have since I basically made it up from my limited knowledge of making desserts like this before. I did not expect for it to be such a hit! So now, my dear friends and family, here it is in all of its glory. My Gluten-Free Apple and Pear Crisp recipe you have been asking about for a year!
How to make this Gluten-Free Apple Pear Crisp
Start with fresh apples and pears. In season and less expensive. I think I got all of these for a few dollars at our local farmer’s market.
Peel and cut the apples and pears into small slices or cubes. Mix them with some warm ground cinnamon and nutmeg, a touch of melted butter, sprinkle of salt and some brown sugar and mix those babies up.
Then add the gluten-free oat topping. Which brings this dessert to a whole new level! Just a simple combination of oats, butter, sugar, gluten-free flour, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
Smooth it out and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes and serve it up with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
There you have it! A delicious and easy Gluten-Free Apple Pear Crisp your whole family will go crazy for!!!! Plus it’s healthy-ish! What more could you want in a sweet treat like this?
I will be making this Gluten-Free Apple Pear Crisp again this year for sure!
It’s just that good! I hope you love it as much as my family and I did!
Check out some of my other healthy-ish desserts
For the Apple and Pear Filling
- 4 medium size honey crisp apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium size pears, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Gluten-Free Oat Topping
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the apples and pears into a large mixing bowl and spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients to the apples and pears and stir well to coat all of the apples and pears.
- Pour the apple and pear filling evenly into the bottom of your baking dish.
- For the gluten-free oat topping just add all ingredients except the butter to a mixing bowl and whisk, Add in the butter and using a pastry cutter, two forks or just your hands, mix in the butter cutting it into the oat mixture, breaking the butter into small pieces.
- Pour the topping evenly over the apple and pear filling and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Top with your favorite vanilla ice cream and ENJOY!
Vegan option: Use vegan butter and top with vanilla coconut milk ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245 Total Fat: 8.4g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 59mg Carbohydrates: 42.2g Fiber: 4.9g Sugar: 23.2g Protein: 2.5g