Ranch seasoned, perfectly roasted nutritious carrots that kids and adults alike will LOVE! Only 3 ingredients and 25 minutes to make! A perfect healthy side dish that can be paired with any meal. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!!!!
- 1.5 lbs whole carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4–1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 3–4 tablespoons store-bought ranch seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Place the sliced carrots into a mixing bowl and drizzle them with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lightly toss to coat all of the carrots in the oil.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the ranch seasoning onto the carrots and toss to coat.
- Lay the seasoned carrots in a single layer onto the baking sheet. You may need to do this in batches or use more than one baking sheet if they do not all fit on one.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes, until the carrots are starting to turn golden brown with slightly crispy edges.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning and a pinch of black pepper. Toss lightly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- If you feel ambitious and would like to make your own ranch seasoning mix, here is a great recipe!
- You can use sliced whole carrots or baby carrots in this recipe.
- Avocado oil in place of olive oil works great as well!
- Slice the carrots into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices to ensure the edges get nice and crispy and the carrots become perfectly tender when roasted.
- Use medium-size carrots that are not too large since they will be sweeter in flavor.
- When selecting carrots, always opt for carrots that are firm rather than limp, soft, or rubbery. Good quality, mature carrots should be rather smooth with few blemishes.
- Rainbow carrots also work great in this recipe!
- If you want the carrots to have crispier edges, then turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees F for the last few minutes of cooking time.
- These carrots store great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven on a sheet pan at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
- Category: Health Side Dishes
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted carrots, ranch seasoned recipes, healthy side dishes