This caramelized sweet air fryer pineapple makes the best healthy dessert or snack that is guilt-free and so addictive. Get the flavor of grilled pineapple with just 3 simple ingredients in minutes using the magic of the air fryer.
My family loves the taste of tropical pineapple in the summer and this air fryer pineapple is one of our new favorites. You can peel and cut the pineapple into pineapple slices or chunks yourself or use pre-cut fresh pineapple.
You will love that this air fryer pineapple recipe is totally guilt-free since it is naturally sweetened from the pineapple and a little maple syrup. The hint of cinnamon adds a nice additional layer of flavor, making this pineapple recipe a wonderful summertime dessert or side dish.
When you air fry pineapple it results in golden, carmelized grilled pineapple in minutes without heating up the grill. This simple recipe is made with only 3 ingredients and cooks in about 12 minutes. It is one of the easiest air fryer recipes that require little cooking time and results in golden, sweet-cooked pineapple every time.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy summertime dessert – you can make it in minutes with a few ingredients.
- Guilt-free – naturally sweetened with no refined sugar.
- Versatile – this recipe, as written is already gluten-free, and vegan.
- Tastes like grilled pineapple – thanks to the air fryer you get the taste of grilled pineapple with no grill needed.
- Kid-friendly – great for kids served with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
*Check out the recipe card located at the bottom of this post for the complete list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutritional information.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Pineapple – for the best results, you want to use fresh pineapple. You can use canned pineapple but it will not get as caramelized. Buy precut fresh ripe pineapple at almost any grocery store or you can buy a whole pineapple and peel and cut it yourself. See below for how to do this.
- Maple syrup – to bring out the sweetness of the pineapple and help it get nice and carmelized as it cooks.
- Cinnamon – adds a nice warm layer of flavor and pairs great with the maple syrup to create an amazing sweet, glaze.
Recommended tools for making this recipe
How to cut a whole pineapple
You can easily cut a whole pineapple in minutes. All you need is a cutting board and a sharp kitchen knife. Here is how to do it:
- First, start by choosing a ripe pineapple with a sweet aroma, and vibrant color, that has firm golden skin with minimal bruising or soft spots.
- Place the pineapple on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut off the leafy green top and base of the pineapple.
- Stand the pineapple upright and carefully slice off the skin following the natural curve of the pineapple using a sharp kitchen knife.
- Once the skin is removed, lay the pineapple on its side and cut it into rings, or slices. Use a spoon, small round cookie cutter, or pineapple corer to remove the core in the center of each piece. Then you can leave it in slices or chop it into larger chunks like I did.
How to make air fryer pineapple
How To Cook Pineapple In The Air Fryer
- Prepare the pineapple
Peel and cut the pineapple and place it into a medium size bowl.
- Add the flavoring
Add the maple syrup and cinnamon and toss the pineapple to coat it really well.
- Cook the pineapple
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt.
Air frying pineapple rings vs. pineapple chunks
It will take the same amount of time to cook pineapple rings as it does for the pineapple chunks. I recommend checking it after 10 minutes of cooking and continuing to cook until the desired doneness is achieved.
Tips for the best results
- Use fresh pineapple that is nice and ripe – vibrant in color with a pleasant aroma and firm flesh.
- Cut the pineapple into uniform chunks. This makes it easier to mix with the maple syrup and cinnamon and also allows it to cook more evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheating your air fryer before adding the pineapple chunks helps to ensure even cooking and caramelization.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. You want to place the pineapple in a single layer in the air fryer basket for the best results. If some are overlapping that is okay.
- Flip the pineapple halfway through cooking. This ensures it will get nice and golden on all sides.
- Let it cool before serving. Once the pineapple is done cooking, let it cool for a few minutes before you serve it. This will make it easier to handle and eat.
Can I make this in the oven?
Yes, you can. To make this air fryer pineapple in the oven, prepare the pineapple as directed in this recipe, then spread it out onto a lined baking sheet. Bake it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden and tender.
How long does pineapple last?
Fresh pineapple will last for 3-5 days if stored properly. Here are a few tips for storing it.
- Store whole, uncut pineapple at room temperature in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Cut pineapple can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can I use canned pineapple in this recipe?
Canned pineapple will work fine but does not get as golden and carmelized as fresh pineapple does in the air fryer.
Air-fried pineapple makes a great healthy dessert served with vanilla ice cream or even Greek yogurt. We sometimes serve it as a side with ham, burgers, or chicken. My kids also love it as is for an after-school or poolside snack!
How to store and reheat leftovers
To store: leftover cooked pineapple can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Low Carb Air Fryer Zucchini
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
Did you try this air fryer pineapple recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how it turned out!Print