These super easy crispy sweet potato wedges are the best healthy way to enjoy sweet potatoes. Cooked completely in the air-fryer with no oil and only spices, salt and pepper. They get cooked to crispy perfection and will be the snack or side dish everyone will want to dig into.
- Prep and cut the sweet potatoes: Scrub each potato well under water and dry them with a clean kitchen towel. Then cut the potatoes into wedges by slicing each one down the middle, lengthwise, then lay each half flat and slice through it lengthwise creating 1/4 inch thick wedges. I have found that 1/4 inch thick slices results in the best crispy soft sweet potato wedges but you can cut them thinner or thicker depending on how you prefer them. If you do cut them either thicker or thinner then the cooking times will vary (thinner=less time, thicker=more time).
- Place the cut sweet potato wedges into a mixing bowl and spray them well with the olive oil spray then toss to coat them all.
- Mix up the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and sprinkle the seasoning onto the potatoes and toss to coat them all really well.
- Heat the air fryer to 390 degrees F, spray the basket with the cooking spray and lay half of the potatoes in a single layer ( you will need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Close the basket and cook them for 15-20 minutes, tossing them in the basket halfway through the cooking time, then continue cooking until they are done.
- Let them cool slightly (they will be very hot), sprinkle with more salt and herbs if desired.
- Serve hot with your favorite ketchup or dipping sauce.
- Select smaller, rounder, shorter sweet potatoes that are deeper orange in color with no black on the skin.
- Scrub the potatoes really well before cutting them into wedges. I like to scrub them with a produce brush under warm running water, then dry them on a clean kitchen towel.
- Slicing the potatoes into wedges is pretty easy to do but will be easier if you use a sharp kitchen knife. A dull or smaller knife will just make it harder to cut them.
- Read your air fryer manual and get to know your brand of air fryer before trying this recipe. I have been using mine everyday for a year so you could say I know it really well. See post for a link the one I have.
- I cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick wedges which was the perfect size and thickness for yielding crispy edged fries. Cutting them thinner will get even crispier fries that will likely not need to be cooked as long as noted in this recipe. Thicker wedges will need to be cooked longer until desired crispiness is achieved.
- To store these potatoes, you can let them cool, place them into an airtight container in the refrigerator and preheat them in the air fry at 350 degrees F for 4-6 minutes when ready to eat.
- Category: Healthy snacks and appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American