This super easy, creamy cilantro lime dressing can be made in minutes and enjoyed all week long. It is made with real, fresh ingredients like cilantro and avocado and makes a wonderful addition to salads, chicken, fish or as a dip for veggies. Plus, it is gluten free and paleo so everyone can enjoy it!
Making your own homemade salad dressing has now become the new normal. At least for me it has and this creamy cilantro lime dressing goes with just about anything. You can easily make it in minutes and store it for the week to have on hand to put on salads, chicken, fish, pork, on tacos, sandwiches, wraps, you name it.
What ingredients are in creamy cilantro lime dressing?
- Cilantro – You will need about 2 cups of fresh cilantro
- Avocado – Preferably a ripe avocado so it blends well and creates that creamy consistency
- Lime – fresh is best but you can use bottled lime juice if that is all you have access to.
- Apple cider vinegar – This kind of rounds out the flavors.
- Dijon Mustard – I used Annie’s gluten free (not sponsored)
- Olive oil – you can also use avocado oil
- Maple syrup – to balance the tanginess of the lime.
- Salt and pepper – feel free to skip it if you are watching your salt intake. Pink Himalayan salt also works.
How do you make creamy cilantro lime dressing?
- Add all dressing ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until a creamy, slightly thick dressing forms.
2. Transfer to a glass jar with a lid and store it in the refrigerator or use it right away on a healthy salad.
Ways to use cilantro lime dressing
This salad dressing works so great as a dressing, sauce, or a dip. Here are a few ways to use it.
- Drizzle it on a big green salad (pictured above).
- Smother it on some bread for a great spread on a healthy sandwich or wrap.
- Use it on some chicken, fish or pork to add some additional flavor or just to be extra fancy.
- Serve it as a dip with some fresh chopped veggies.
- Use it as a topping on tacos!
- Use champagne vinegar or white vinegar in place of the apple cider vinegar.
- Add in a couple tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt to make it even creamier.
- You could add in a couple of cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of lemon juice for more of a zippy, vibrant flavor to the dressing.
- Out of maple syrup? You can use honey or date syrup instead. It will alter the flavor a bit but not much!
How to store homemade salad dressing
You can easily store this dressing in a glass jar fitted with a tight lid and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Which makes it healthier and less expensive than store-bought and it will only take you less than five minutes to make it! How great is that?
- Use fresh ingredients like fresh avocado, cilantro and limes for the best results.
- If you are not using the dressing right away then make sure to store it in a glass jar fitted with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- To thin the dressing out, you can add more lime juice or a little bit of water 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- For extra creamy dressing, use the whole avocado. This will make it thicker so you will likely need to add more lime juice or a little bit of water to thin it out.
More healthy salad dressings to try!
- Simple Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing – less creamy
- The Best Kale Salad Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Healthy Caesar salad Dressing
- 5 Minute Green Goddess Dressing
- Robust Homemade Italian Dressing
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how your’s turned out!Print