This 10 Minute Cranberry Chicken Salad is loaded with amazing flavors like apples, cranberries, pecans and fresh herbs all mixed with a healthy avocado mayo. It makes the perfect light lunch or quick and easy dinner that is both dairy free and gluten free.
Chicken Salad of any kind is one of my go-to healthy meals all year round and this NEW Cranberry Chicken Salad is my favorite this time of year. It is just as delicious as this very popular Curry Chicken Salad or this Carrot Raisin Salad that are both also creamy and super crunchy. Two things that are very important in any salad recipe.
This recipe is great for meal prep and is so fun to serve in crisp lettuce cups or in a delicious wrap. It also stores great so it makes a wonderful recipe for meal prep.
Why you will love this recipe
- It is packed with flavor and crunch
- Loaded with protein and healthy fat
- Perfect for a light lunch or quick and easy dinner any day of the week
- It is both dairy free and gluten free!
- Stores great and is even better the next day.
How to prepare chicken for chicken salad
To cook chicken I typically drizzle it with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper and either cook it in a skillet on the stove for 5 minutes per side or in the air fryer like in this Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast recipe. As always, you want to cook it until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Then let it cool so the juices can redistribute into the chicken and then cut it into small cubes. You can do this in advance and have it ready to go in the refrigerator. It should store well after being completely cooled in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredients needed to make cranberry chicken salad
How To Make Cranberry Chicken Salad
You can make this easy recipe in less than 10 minutes and have it ready for quick and healthy meals all week long.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix up the dressing.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix it all up.
- Serve cold over mixed greens, in lettuce cups or stuffed inside a healthy wrap.
Get full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
I just love this recipe so much and the fact that it is both dairy free and gluten free is a huge bonus. You can make it in a few minutes and enjoy it all week long.
This Cranberry chicken Salad can be served in lettuce cups, as pictured, stuffed into a tortilla or pita, enjoyed over a bed of mixed greens or even on top of sliced cucumber rounds.
It makes a great light snack or hearty meal you can enjoy for lunch, dinner or in between.
More Dairy Free Recipes to try
- Easy Creamy Potato Salad – No Mayo
- Must make Chopped Kale Salad With Quinoa
- Dairy Free Banana Ice Cream
- The Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup
- Carrot Raisin Salad
- Cut the chicken and the veggies into small pieces so they all blend well together. I like to cook and cut the chicken and bacon in advance so I have it ready to go.
- You can buy avocado mayo at almost any grocery store. I like Primal Kitchen brand but any brand will work.
- You can switch up the veggies and used diced celery, carrots, or bell pepper for even more flavor and crunch.
- If you prefer to leave out the bacon go ahead. It will still be crazy delicious. I like to use air fryer turkey bacon and use a brand like Applegate Farms that is healthier and uncured.
- You can store this chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Make sure you do not leave it out. Keeping it cold is key to help it stay fresh.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print