These Protein Cookie Dough Bites are made with only 7 ingredients in under 10 minutes. They taste like cookie dough and make a great on-the-go treat you are going to love!
Protein Cookie Dough Bites were a huge hit with my family since we all love cookie dough so much! They make the perfect quick and healthy sweet treat and they are made with only 7 main ingredients. My kids are actually obsessed with them!
They taste just like cookie dough but without all of the white flour, sugar, eggs, and butter. Rolled into a bite-size sweet, soft balls of cookie dough goodness! Which makes them the perfect healthy treat to take with you on your way out the door!
Not only are they delicious but they are also made with all the whole ingredients and have about 3 grams of protein each. Similar to these chocolate energy bites.
What makes these Cookie Dough Bites Healthy?
- They are made with all whole, real ingredients like almond flour, protein powder, maple syrup, and chocolate chips.
- Packed with protein
- No refined sugar or flour
- No butter, oil, or nut butter
- Low carb and so good!
I used mini chocolate chips which made it easier to mix and roll the dough. But you can leave them out or use mini m&m’s or even chopped nuts instead.
Ingredients you will need for protein cookie dough
- Almond flour – fine-blanched almond flour works best in this recipe.
- Vanilla protein powder – any vanilla protein powder will work but you really want to use a good quality one like Kos Organic Protein Powder or Garden Of Like brands.
- Non-dairy Milk – any kind will work just make sure it is unsweetened.
- Mini chocolate chips – I used dark chocolate chips, lily’s brand.
- Maple syrup – real maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract – not vanilla flavoring.
- Salt – a pinch of kosher salt to enhance all of the flavors.
How to make healthy edible cookie dough balls
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 10-12 even size balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto a plate or baking sheet and chill them for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
What is the best protein powder to use in this recipe?
I used a vegan vanilla protein powder that worked perfectly in this recipe and also kept it vegan and gluten-free. You can really use any vanilla or unflavored protein powder or even collagen peptides in this protein cookie dough recipe. Although, the vanilla-flavored ones work best. Whey protein powder will also work.
Can you freeze these protein cookie dough bites?
Yes, you can keep them in a freezer-friendly airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost them, just keep them in the refrigerator overnight.
You can also store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days, which makes them a great meal prep recipe.
Yes! I tested this recipe with coconut flour as well as gluten-free all-purpose flour and the results were not the same.
Any brand of vanilla protein powder will work but will alter the taste since they vary. I used Kos VANILLA protein powder.
Yes, you can make the dough ahead and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before you roll the dough into balls.
After you make them you can keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. They taste great cold or at room temperature.
You can substitute the protein powder with tapioca flour or more almond flour but the protein powder is what gives them some protein as well as great flavor, like cookie dough!
More healthy dessert recipes to try!
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Shake
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Healthy Fudgy Brownies
- Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print