Protein-packed Egg White Spinach Feta Wrap. That is the perfect breakfast and it can be made ahead. Soft egg whites mixed with hearty spinach and creamy feta cheese paired with vibrant sun-dried tomato puree spread onto a whole grain wrap. This is the BEST way to start your day!
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 8 egg whites (or 1 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato spread (or just chopped sun-dried tomatoes)
- Heat up a medium-size skillet to medium-low heat, spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. A nonstick pan would be best.
- Add a 1/2 cup of the spinach to the pan and cook until slightly wilted.
- Add 4 of the egg whites (about 1/2 cup if using liquid egg whites) to a small mixing bowl and lightly whisk, then add the whisked egg whites to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg whites in an even layer, once they are done, run a rubber spatula around the edge and fold into thirds, sprinkling feta cheese into between each layer.
- Remove and let cool for a minute. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 cup of spinach and egg whites.
- Layout the tortillas, spread 1/4 cup of the tomato puree all over each tortilla, top each with the cooked egg whites and spinach and roll them up like a burrito.
- Heat up a pan on the stovetop to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Place the rolled-up tortilla’s on the pan and cook to brown on all sides. About 1 minute per side. Start with the seam side down.
- Remove and let cool for a couple of minutes. Serve warm, slice and enjoy!
This is best if eaten right away but you can cool it, wrap it in some foil and store it in the fridge for a couple of days. To reheat: Heat up a nonstick skillet and cook for 1 minute per side, slice, and serve.
- After you cook them, let them cool completely and skip the last step of browning them in the pan.
- Wrap each one up in parchment paper, then foil and place them into a freezer-friendly bag. Label the bag and place them in the freezer for up to 2 months!
- When ready to eat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator, unwrap it from the freezer packaging, wrap it up in a paper towel and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and brown it on both sides.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet cooked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: spinach, feta, spinach feta wrap, egg white wraps, egg white recipe, healthy breakfast wraps