Healthy Banana Oatmeal Pancakes made with oats, bananas, eggs, cinnamon,
We all love starting our day with a healthy breakfast to get us moving for the day ahead. I’ve got you covered with this delicious blender banana oatmeal pancakes recipe that has everything you need and want in a hearty pancake breakfast.
These healthier Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are your new bestie in the realm of pancake recipes. They contain no flour, no Sugar and have tons of fiber and protein. Yes! Really! On top of all of that goodness, the batter is made in the blender!
These Gluten Free Simple Almond Flour Pancakes are also crazy good and so good for you!
Since these are so easy to make I make them weekly and keep them in the fridge all week long.
Ingredients? Ground oats, mashed banana, baking powder (gives them fluff), eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Yum!!! Super fast to make and they are so delicious and kid-Approved!
What makes these pancakes healthier than traditional pancakes?
The combination of the eggs, banana and oats gives these gold star nutrition. And for pancakes that’s not half bad. If I can have pancakes for breakfast everyday I would, haha.
- Vitamin C
Not to mention the fact that they are made from only a few real, whole-food ingredients. All of that nutrition in PANCAKES!!! I would say that is just simply marvelous!
Ingredients needed to make healthy banana pancakes
What to expect from these banana oatmeal pancakes
- Light and fluffy
- Packed full of nutrients
- Perfectly browned on the outside and soft on the inside
- Lower in carbs and calories than tradition pancakes
- Pair great with fruit and warm maple syrup
How to make healthy Banana Pancakes
- Place the oats in a blender and pulse a few times.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for about 30 seconds to form a smooth pancake batter.
- Let the batter sit in the blender while you heat up the skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Add a pat of butter to the griddle and spread it out to cover the whole pan. Pour the pancake batter in even amounts (i used a 1/4 cup measuring cup) on the hot griddle. Cook for about 2 minutes per side. Once bubbles start to form around the edges and top of the pancakes, they are ready to flip.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Top with fresh fruit and warm maple syrup.
Expert Tips for making healthy homemade pancakes
- Don’t over-mix the batter – This will result in “gummy” tasting pancakes and nobody wants that. We want fluffy, pancake deliciousness, right? 30 seconds on high speed should do it.
- Use ripe bananas– Good, ripe bananas are essential for this recipe since they make the batter smooth and give it a hint of sweetness.
- Cook the pancakes in even size’s by using a measuring cup to pour the batter. This will help yield even cooking times. 1/4 cup measuring cup is the perfect size for a nice round, even pancakes.
- Use a countertop griddle or cast iron pan to cook the pancakes. Using a griddle or cast-iron pan will result in a nice crisp outer crust and a soft, fluffy center. YUM!!!
- Mix in some extras like chocolate chips or blueberries for added flavor.
More healthy pancake recipes
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below.Print