These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are light, fluffy, packed with flavor and they are gluten free! They are made from scratch using simple, nutritious ingredients and they make a great hearty, healthy breakfast that even the kids will love!
- 1.5 cups gluten free all purpose flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk – I used almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar – not packed
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter – plus more for cooking the pancakes
- 3/4 cup almond butter, cashew butter or sun butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix up the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently mix the batter together, turning the bowl as you mix until everything is combined into a thick, fluffy batter. A rubber spatula works great for this step.
- Heat up a griddle pan to medium heat and spread some butter or coconut oil onto the surface of the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking. Pour the pancake batter onto the griddle in 1/3 cup amounts. Cook for 3 minutes per side. Continue until you have cooked all of the pancakes.
- Serve hot with your favourite pancake toppings.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine them so the pancakes turn out nice and fluffy.
- Make sure not to over mix the batter or the pancakes will turn out gummy and not fluffy. When combining the ingredients gently fold them together using a rubber spatula or a large spoon.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup that has been sprayed with cooking spray to drop the batter onto the griddle for the best light and fluffy pancakes.
- To make this pancake recipe vegan you can use 1/2 cup of applesauce or flax egg in place of the eggs.
- Use a gluten free flour blend that contains xanthan gum.
- These pancakes can be stored after they have completely cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can easily reheat them in a skillet on the stove or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy Breakfast
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: American