These decadent air fryer cookies are perfectly soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They are super chocolatey and delicious and can be made in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes! Plus they are gluten free and contain no refined sugar.
These chocolate cookies have literally blown my mind. I had no idea you could actually cook cookies in the air fryer until now. Not only is it so easy, it is perfect for small batches as well as when you really do not want to heat up your kitchen by turning on the oven. Yippee!
Using the air fryer also makes it easier for the kids to help as well. My kids have made so many things in the air fryer from chicken to tortilla chips to bagels and everything in between. They even helped me make these healthy cookies that are now a family favorite.
What do you need to make chocolate cookies in the air fryer?
To make these cookies safely in the air fryer, you MUST use parchment paper cut to fit your air fryer. I like to buy the pre-cut parchment paper that also has holes poked in it for easy venting. Note: Place the cookie dough around the edges of the parchment paper as well as in the center. The weight of the cookie dough helps to hold the parchment down as the cookies cook.
Other than that, here are the ingredients needed to make these amazing air fryer chocolate cookies.
- Butter – I used grass-fed unsalted butter
- Dark cocoa powder – unsweetened
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour – I used King Arthurs that contained xanthan gum
- Coconut sugar – a lower glycemic sugar
- Real maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Gluten free baking soda
- Dark chocolate chips – or chocolate chunks
How to make chocolate air fryer cookies
- Combine melted butter with cocoa powder and mix well. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Then in a separate mixing bowl, whisk the cocoa butter mixture together with the sugar, maple syrup and vanilla, then add in the egg + egg yolk and whisk well to combine everything together.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until it is combined with the batter, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper lined air fryer basket. Make sure to space the cookies at least 2 inches apart. I like to place 4-6 at a time in the air fryer, making sure to evenly place them so the weight of the dough holds the paper down.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees. Once the cookies are done, let them sit in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling. They will firm up more as they cool.
Why would you make cookies in the air fryer?
Because the air fryer is a smaller version of your oven, it is perfect for making smaller batches of cookies. You can store your cookie dough in the refrigerator and make 4-6 cookies at a time without heating up your oven!
How will I know when my cookies are done cooking?
I cooked these chocolate cookies at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes and they came out perfect every single time. Since air fryers vary, I suggest doing a smaller batch to see how they turn out first, then continue cooking the rest of your cookies.
Can I make these cookies in the oven?
You can easily bake these cookies in the oven at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes.
How do I store these cookies?
These cookies store great in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. After 3 days they will get slightly crumbly and dry, but will still be delicious!
More healthy cookie recipes to try!
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Healthy Fruit Pizza Cookies
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print