These delicious chocolate chip air fryer cookies are easy to make without cranking up your oven. They are made with a few simple ingredients and result in a delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie that cooks in 10 minutes!
If you haven’t tried making cookies in the air fryer then you MUST TRY this recipe. These cookies take the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe to the next level, and the best part is that they’re incredibly easy to make thanks to the magic of the air fryer.
When you’re craving a sweet treat that’s quick, simple, and sure to impress, these double chocolate air fryer cookies are calling your name!
Not to mention, this air fryer cookie recipe only takes 10 minutes to cook and can easily be made gluten-free so everyone can enjoy them! The result is freshly baked thick chocolate chip cookies with melted gooey chocolate chips and a decadent double chocolate flavor that will tantalize your taste buds!
The perfect easy dessert anyone can make!
Why this recipe works so well
- Quick and easy – this is a super simple cookie recipe that even the kids can make that requires no oven!
- The best cookies – these chocolate chip cookies come out perfectly chocolatey and fudgy in under 10 minutes, thanks to the magic of the air fryer.
- Even cooking – using the air fryer allows you to get evenly cooked cookies in no time!
- Versatile – this cookie recipe is gluten-free so everyone can enjoy them.
Recommended Tools for Making this cookie recipe
- Air Fryer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- Air Fryer liners – To make these delicious cookies safely in the air fryer, you MUST use parchment paper cut to fit your air fryer basket. I like to buy pre-cut air fryer parchment paper liners that also have holes poked in them for easy venting. Note: Place the cookie dough balls around the edges of the parchment paper as well as in the center. The weight of the cookie dough helps to hold the parchment down as the cookies cook.
*Check out the complete list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutritional information in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
Ingredients needed for air fryer double chocolate chip cookies
Here are the simple ingredients needed to make these amazing air fryer chocolate chip cookies.
- Butter – unsalted butter is best in this cookie recipe.
- Dark cocoa powder – unsweetened cocoa powder.
- All-purpose flour – I used gluten-free all-purpose flour but regular all-purpose flour also works if you do not need to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- Coconut sugar – is used to add a nice sweetness to these air fryer cookies without refined sugar.
- Real maple syrup – mixed with coconut sugar adds the perfect sweet element to this cookie recipe.
- Eggs – 2 large eggs
- Vanilla extract – real vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Sea salt – is used to enhance all of the flavors.
- Dark chocolate chips – or chocolate chunks, any type of chocolate chips will work.
Substitutions and variations to this recipe
- Any all-purpose flour will work. I used a gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour.
- Brown sugar can be used in place of the coconut sugar but if you are using the brown sugar then skip the maple syrup or the cookies will turn out too sweet.
- To make this recipe vegan, then flax egg will likely work although I have not tested that variation.
- You can add in some chopped nuts like walnuts, or even some chopped pretzels for extra crunch!
How to make air fryer cookies
These easy air fryer cookies are a great way to cook small batches of cookies in 10 minutes when that sweet craving hits!
- Combine the melted butter and cocoa powder in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and let it sit at room temperature for 5-7 minutes. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the cocoa butter mixture with sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla, then add in the egg and egg yolk and whisk well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter, folding in the chocolate chips until you form a thick cookie dough. Use an electric hand mixer or rubber spatula to do this. Then cover and chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, using a small ice cream scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined air fryer basket, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Cook the cookies for 7-9 minutes at 350 degrees F in batches of 4-6 at a time until they’re crispy on the edges.
- Let them cool for 2-3 minutes in the air fryer before transferring to a wire rack. Continue until you have cooked the entire batch of cookies.
Tips for the best results
- Real vanilla extract provides incredible flavor to these cookies.
- Dark chocolate chips give the cookies a fantastic rich chocolatey flavor.
- Do not skip chilling the cookie dough. It prevents the cookies from spreading in the air fryer as they cook. Trust me! I have made this recipe many times, and the chilled dough works much better.
- Use a cookie scoop to form even size cookies from the cookie dough. This will allow them to cook more evenly in the air fryer.
- Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes before serving since they will continue to cook as they cool.
Why make cookies in the air fryer?
The air fryer is a smaller version of your oven, so it is perfect for making smaller batches of cookies. You can store your cookie dough in the refrigerator and make 4-6 cookies at a time without heating up your oven, making it a wonderfully quick, and easy dessert!
How to tell when the cookies are done?
I cooked these cookies at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes and they came out perfect every single time. Additionally, since air fryers vary I suggest doing a smaller batch to see how they turn out first, then continue cooking the rest of your cookies. You want a slightly firm cookie, that is still fudgy in the center with crispy edges. Note: the cookies will continue to cook for a few minutes once they are done.
Can I make these cookies in the oven?
How do you store air fryer cookies?
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. After 3 days they will get slightly crumbly and dry, but will still be delicious!
More healthy cookie recipes to try
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Healthy Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Easy Italian Easter Cookies
Check out all of my air fryer recipes on PMG!
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print