Perfectly sautéed skillet green beans simmered with fresh garlic and finished off with a hint of lemon. A simple healthy side dish that is ready in 10 minutes, easy to make, vegan, gluten-free, and kid-friendly.
This Easy Green Beans With Lemon And Garlic recipe is one that you will make for years to come, every time you are craving veggies. You may also love these eggplant meatballs which would pair perfectly with this recipe.
It is packed with flavor from only a few simple ingredients and is both vegan and gluten-free!!!
Why you will love this recipe
- So incredibly easy and can be made in less than 10 minutes!
- Crazy good you will want to eat it all!
- Bright, vibrant green beans that are so good for you and make it easier to eat your veggies
- A recipe perfect for the holidays, or weeknight family dinners
- Healthy, nutritious, packed with lemon and garlic flavor!
Ingredients needed to make this easy green beans recipe
How to make easy green beans with lemon and garlic
- Heat up a cast iron or heavy bottomed pan to medium heat with some olive oil. Once hot, add in the green beans, toss in the oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Let them cook for 4-5 minutes until they start to get brown and delicious.
2. Add in the garlic and toss lightly. let that cook for 1-2 more minutes.
3. Pour in a little water or vegetable stock, cover and let the green beans steam for 3-4 minutes until they get nice and tender.
4. Lift the lid off, sprinkle in the lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss.
5. Plate, top with red pepper flakes or even nutritional yeast, serve warm, and enjoy!
- Use good quality fresh green beans. Since this recipe only contains a few ingredients, it is important that you choose the freshest green beans you can find at local farmers’ markets or higher-end grocery stores like whole foods and Earthfare. Or simply opt for bulk organic greens beans that are typically available at most local grocery stores.
- Use a cast-iron pan if you have one. The cast-iron pan just gives this recipe a good punch of flavor. If you do not have a cast-iron pan then any heavy-bottomed pan with a lid will work.
- Opt for fresh lemon juice. Again, since this recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients, you want to make sure you use the juice from a fresh lemon rather than bottled lemon juice.
- How do you trim green beans? Line the beans up in a bunch so the ends are all even and place them onto a cutting board. Use a sharp kitchen knife to cut off the tough fibrous ends.