Are you in need a a good go to green bean recipe? Well, here you go! These perfectly cooked, delicious every time green beans will steel your heart away they are that good! I could not stop eating them. Good thing they are low in calories and good for me!
These took only a few minutes to make and had me dancing all the way back to my office singing a happy tune! A great recipe that will add a little brightness to your afternoon. I am not sure my kids will approve but I will certainley let you all know if they do. How could they not?
Making of the best Green Beans Ever!
Only a few simple ingredients:
Green Beans, well of course!
Salt and pepper
Then, a few simple steps:
Boil and blanch the green beans
Sauté’ them in the butter, oil and garlic
Top with the zest and juice of the lemon and there you go!
How SUPER EASY is that?
I can just envision this incredible dish stealing the show on the Easter table right next to some perfectly baked biscuits! Everyone will cheer when they try them and ask: “Who made these?”.
- 24oz bag of green beans
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add some ice and cold water to a large bowl and set aside. You will use this in a few minutes to blanch the green beans.
- Heat up a large pot with water to a boil and add a good amount of salt.
- Add the green beans and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lemons and set aside.
- Transfer the green beans to the ice water, using a slotted spoon and blanch for 2-3 minutes, until you see them turn bright green.
- Heat up a large heavy skillet on the stove to medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter is melted, add in the green beans and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, making sure all of the green beans are coated in the butter and oil.
- Add some salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer the green beans to a serving bowl or plate and top with the lemon zest and juice from the lemons. Enjoy!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 128mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 7g Protein: 4g