Kid-friendly Avocado Toast that is a super easy breakfast or snack to get them to eat their veggies and avocado! Fun shaped sprouted grain toast, covered with creamy avocado and fun toppings!!!! Vegan, easily gluten-free and a super simple, healthy breakfast everyone will love!
- 6 slices of whole-grain bread (like Ezekiel bread)
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and sliced with seed removed)
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice (for garnish (optional))
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
For the toppings
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/8 cup diced red onion
- 1/8 cup chopped chives
- 1/8 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsps everything bagel seasoning
- Use cookie cutters to cut the bread into desired shapes. To cut the shapes out: Place the cookie cutter into the center of the bread and press hard while jiggling the cookie cutter. Pull the edges of the bread away and place the shaped piece of bread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. TIP: Place the leftover bread pieces into a freezer-friendly zip lock bag and freeze to have on hand to make croutons or breadcrumbs.
- Once you have cut out all of your shapes, toast in a 425 degree F oven for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Place the avocado into a small mixing bowl, sprinkle in the lime juice, salt, and pepper, and use a fork or potato masher to mash it up.
- Spread each piece of toast with some of the mashed avocado and top with desired toppings.
- These are best if eaten right away since the avocado will brown as it sits.
- Mix up the toppings – use any toppings you and your kids like such as sliced strawberries, peaches, sliced cherry tomatoes, hemp seeds, or herbs like basil or cilantro.
- Add some protein – add a fried egg, roasted crispy chickpeas, or even this spicy vegan sofritas that is so good with avocado.
- Use roasted sweet potato in place of the bread – Just slice the sweet potato into round shapes, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15-17 minutes at 425 degrees F. So delicious!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Mediterranean