Healthy homemade Easy Spicy Mango Salsa! Fresh diced mango mixed with crunchy red bell pepper, purple onion, garlic, and cilantro. All finished off with lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, agave, salt, and pepper. The perfect side salad, healthy snack or appetizer. Vegan, gluten-free and so good!!!
- 2–3 ripe mangoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup purple onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- the zest and juice of 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave (or maple syrup)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Dice up the mango and the rest of the veggies. I used red bell peppers, purple onion, garlic and jalapeños and add them to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (lime zest and juice, agave, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper) and toss everything together. Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with tortilla chips or on top of your favorite grilled chicken, fish or veggies.
- Select mangoes that are tender to the touch with a mix of green and red skin, letting you know it is perfectly ripe. You want the mango to be ripe but not too mushy so you can easily peel and dice it up for this salsa.
- You can use honey, maple syrup or agave to slightly sweeten this salsa or leave it out all together if you want to keep it lower in sugar.
- When cutting up the jalapeño make sure you use a spoon to remove the ribs and seeds unless you want this salsa to be extra spicy.
- You can serve this salsa cold or at room temperature with your favorite tortilla chips or on top of grilled fish or chicken.
- To store this easy mango salsa, place it into an airtight container and keep if in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Mexican