Hearty green kale mixed with fluffy quinoa, brussel sprouts, crisp apples, tart pomegranate seeds, shaved red onion, and walnuts all tossed in a tangy, slightly sweet dijon mustard vinaigrette dressing. Vegan, gluten-free, and a perfect make-ahead salad for lunch or dinner!
- 1 bunch of dark leafy kale (about 4 cups chopped)
- 1 cup thinly sliced brussel sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup sliced apple (I cut mine into matchstick shapes)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
For the dressing
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and lightly toss.
- Make the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to fully emulsify. Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss. Serve cold and enjoy!
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss. Serve cold and enjoy!
- To store this salad, make the salad and dressing seperatley. Store the salad in an airtight container and the dressing can be sored in a mason jar, put both in the fridge. When ready to eat, pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
- You can use dark lacinato kale or curly kale for this salad.
- For extra protein, add some chickpeas.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: kale salad, chopped kale salad, kale recipes