Hearty healthy green kale mixed with fluffy quinoa, brussel sprouts, crisp apples, tart cranberries, shaved red onion, and walnuts all tossed in a tangy, slightly sweet dijon mustard vinaigrette dressing. Vegan, gluten-free, and a perfect make-ahead salad for lunch or dinner!
For the salad
- 1 bunch of dark leafy kale (about 4 cups chopped)
- 1 cup thinly sliced brussel sprouts
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup sliced apple-sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and lightly toss.
- Make the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to fully emulsify.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss. Serve cold and enjoy!
- To store this salad, make the salad and dressing seperatley. Store the salad in an airtight container and the dressing can be sored in a mason jar, put both in the fridge. When ready to eat, pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
- You can use dark lacinato kale or curly kale for this salad. Just make sure to prep your kale first (see post on how to prep kale)
- For extra protein add some chickpeas or grilled chicken.
- Add some sliced pears to contrast the sliced apple
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: kale salad, chopped kale salad, kale recipes