Amazing Vegetarian Pad Thai that you must make! Soft rice noodles mixed with sautéed veggies, and edamame, cooked in an incredible pad thai sauce. Vegetarian, gluten-free and the perfect date night in a meal for two! It comes together in less than 20 minutes and is so easy and so good!
Pad Thai is a traditional Asian dish that I always get when eating out at a Thai restaurant. It’s a dish that just has everything, you know. Soft noodles, sautéed veggies and a delicious savory Asian pad Thai sauce that I am daydreaming about as I write this.
Most pad thai recipes call for chicken or shrimp or even tofu but I wanted to create a Vegetarian Pad Thai recipe that you could make quickly and add in any extra proteins you like. Even steemed edamame would work.
This Pad Thai recipe is so easy and fast to make. It comes together in less than 20 minutes, has the most amazing soft noodles, perfectly sautéed veggies and an incredible sauce that is insane. I topped it with chopped parsley and cilantro and chopped peanuts. So Good and a perfect date night meal for two!
What is traditional Vegetarian Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is really just a simple rice noodle dish that has loads of veggies and chicken, shrimp or tofu mixed in with a luscious sauce. Traditionally, Pad Thai has a lot of calories but not a lot of nutritional value since most restaurants add a lot of fat and sodium to the sauce for added flavor which packs on the calories. This is why it tastes so good! I was determined to create a lighter version that was lower in calories and fat but still high in flavor.
How to make this easy Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Boil the noodles in water per the package instructions. You can buy Pad Thai noodles right in the Asian food aisle of the grocery store. They are very inexpensive and so easy to make.
- Sauté the veggies in some sesame oil. I used a combo of onions, bell peppers and some yellow squash that I spiralized to give some bulk to the dish. Sprinkle with some spices and salt and pepper for added flavor. I used onion powder, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
- Make the sauce – just combine vegetable stock, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic and ginger and whisk. It’s delicious!
- Add the soaked noodles to the pan with the veggies and cook, tossing for a few minutes. Add in the eggs and toss them with the noodles until cooked through. Add the veggies back to the pan, add in the sauce and toss everything together. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Plate, top with fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Isn’t that so easy? It was even better the next day!!! It stores great in the fridge all week long and is a perfect meal prep recipe.
You may also like these Easy Sugar Snap Peas with Ginger and Sesame.Print