Hi all! I think we are going to need a round of applause for these Healthy 7 Ingredient Fudgy Brownies that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. Very simple ingredients, low fat, gluten-free and low in sugar. Decadent chocolate flavor, mixed with chunks of peanut butter. So good nobody will believe they are 7 ingredients and actually a healthy dessert! Go for it! Clapping for these beauties is totally allowed and absolutely necessary. Who would’ve thought that dessert could be this easy and nutritious? I tried this recipe a few times and adjusted it to make sure it resulted in these thick, fudgy, totally decadent tasting brownies.
The healthy intel on these Healthy 7 Ingredient Fudgy Brownies
- No flour
- No refined sugar
- Healthy fat
Now I know there are different camps when it comes to the kind of brownies people like. Some people prefer “fudgy”, ME and some, “Cakey”, also ME. I believe these brownies check both of those boxes and trust me, I was a little surprised at how good they came out! I have tried “HEALTHY” brownie recipes before just to be disappointed in the results which usually ended in some kind of gooey mess. But these are INCREDIBLE! No gooey mess, totally sturdy, cakey and fudgy. Oh so FUDGY! Needless to say, I am super psyched about the result and cannot wait for my Husband to come home and try them. The kids have already given them two thumbs up and probably ate too many since they were my little taste testers.
Now onto the 7 ingredients that you probably have in your pantry and fridge at this very moment and once you read how easy these are, you will likely be running to your kitchen to make them. At least I hope you do!
- Cocoa powder
- Chunky peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Coconut sugar
- Baking powder
- Mini chocolate chips are optional but could be counted as an 8th ingredient if we want to get technical. I tried them with and without the chocolate chips and they were amazing both ways.
How to make these Healthy 7 Ingredient Fudgy Brownies:
- Mix up the dry ingredients – cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder
- Mix up the wet ingredients – applesauce, peanut butter, egg, maple sysrup
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine it all together.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake at 375F degrees for 45-55 minutes depending on the size of your pan. I used an 8×8 baking dish that took about 45 minutes to bake.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy!!!
I added a scoop of Halo vanilla ice cream and it was literally the greatest dessert EVER!!!! They are great just on their own as well.
Check out some of my other Healthy Dessert Recipes!
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray
- Add the wet ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and stir
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add in the chocolate chips if using.
- Pour the batter evenly into the baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes depending on the size of your pan. When a knife inserted int the middle comes out clean then they are done.
- Cool for15-20 minutes, slice and ENJOY!!!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: og Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 22mg Carbohydrates: 11.7g Fiber: 1.7g Sugar: 8.6g Protein: 2.2g