Healthy fudgy brownies! Decadent chocolate flavor, hints of peanut butter, fudgy, cakey and the prefect dessert that is low-fat, low-sugar and gluten-free!!!
Baking Time and Storing Recommendations:
- Use the “toothpick/butterknife test,” insert a toothpick or butter knife into the center of the brownies about 5 minutes before they are supposed to be done (according to whatever recipe you are following) for this recipe it would be around that 35-minute mark.
- Pull it out quickly and if you have some wet crumbs than you will get a sweet cakey, semi-fudgy brownie.
- If you want a fudgy, less-cakey brownie then do the toothpick test around the 30 minute mark. If the toothpick comes out with a semi-baked batter on it, then you will get a more fudgy result.
- To store brownies for up to a week: Pack them in layers with wax paper/parchment in-between each layer in an airtight container. The brownies should stay fresh for a few days or up to a week.
How To Freeze These Brownies:
- Wrap each brownie individually in plastic wrap.Place the individually wrapped brownies into a freezer-friendly plastic bag and tightly seal it.
- Label and date the bag and store it in the freezer for up to a month.
When ready to eat: Remove from the freezer and thaw on the counter or unwrap and place on a safe microwave plate and warm in the microwave in 30-second intervals until fully thawed
How To Make These Brownies Vegan:
Sub the egg with egg replacer or flax egg. If using chocolate chips, then use dairy-free.