Amazing Mediterranean sweet potatoes – Tender roasted sweet potatoes filled with fluffy quinoa, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, crispy red onion, hearty sautéed kale, and salty and creamy feta cheese. Top it off with a basil cucumber sauce, and it is the perfect meal all in one cute little package.
I recently served these at a family dinner, and they were the first thing to go! Everybody loved them and wished I made more.
They also loved this spicy instant pot sweet potato soup that they are still talking about weeks later, haha. I am so happy they enjoyed them both since my family are my harshest critics.
What to love about these Roasted Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted sweet potatoes that are so tender and sweet they literally melt in your mouth!
- Hearty, fluffy quinoa that makes this dish filling and crazy good.
- Packed with veggies like kale and red onion.
- A wonderful individualized meal in a cute little package that everyone will love!
- All of the beautiful colors!
- Tangy yet herby cucumber basil sauce that is INSANE!
Ingredients to make these Roasted Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes
How to make these roasted Mediterranean sweet potatoes with quinoa
Roast the sweet potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, drizzle the sweet potatoes with olive oil and rub the oil all over them with your hands. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place them face down on the baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until fork-tender, depending on the size of your potatoes.
Make the quinoa filling. Sauté some kale and add that to a bowl with the cooked quinoa, chopped red onion, sun-dried tomatoes and chunks of salty feta cheese.
Toss it all together – It’s so amazing!
Use a fork to pull the sweet potato slightly away from the skin and mash up the inside of the potato a little to make a nice bed for the filling.
Divide the quinoa filling between each roasted sweet potato.
Make the Cucumber Basil Sauce
To make the cucumber basil sauce: Add some greek yogurt, mayo, minced shallot, shredded cucumber, the juice of 1 lemon, honey, basil, parsley, dill, chives, salt, and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. This sauce is my everything!
Drizzle some of the sauce onto each stuffed sweet potato. OMG!!!! It’s so good!
Seriously so incredible and one of my favorite ways to enjoy sweet potatoes.
- Switch up the veggies. You could use spinach, chopped tomatoes, or even roasted red peppers.
- Add more protein. You could easily add in some roasted chickpeas, black beans, or sauteed tofu.
- Add some avocado to the sauce for added fiber and color.
- Make this dairy-free. Use dairy-free feta cheese and vegan greek yogurt for the sauce.
- How to pick sweet potatoes – Look for sweet potatoes that are small to medium in size since they are less starchy and creamier and sweeter than larger sweet potatoes. Go for potatoes that are darker and richer in color since they will have more nutrition.
- How to store sweet potatoes – Store sweet potatoes at room temperature in a cool, dry place that is well ventilated.
- What to make with sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are very versatile. You can make so many things with them like this recipe or this Simple kale salad with roasted sweet potatoes, Spicy instant pot sweet potato soup, or even these Crispy paleo sweet potato fries.
- Meal prepping these Roasted Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes – For meal prep, roast the potatoes, make the quinoa salad filling, and make the cucumber basil sauce and store everything separately in the fridge. Just reheat the potatoes and assemble when ready to eat.
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and rating below.
Update: This post has been updated with ingredients shots, clearer recipe instructions, and an updated recipe card.Print