Fluffy, herby, garlicky spaghetti squash cooked in the instant pot. 7 minutes, super easy and the perfect way to enjoy this beautiful vegetable!!!! A great low-carb, healthy meal option!!!!
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Prep the spaghetti squash
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half horizontally. If it is too hard to cut then cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes to soften it up. Once it’s cut then scoop out the seeds using a spoon and discard them.
Cook the spaghetti squash
- Pour 1 cup of warm water into the bottom of the instant pot and place the steaming trivet on the bottom. Place the two halves of the squash into the instant pot on the trivet either facing each other or face-up.
- Place the lid on and secure it. Set the instant pot in manual mode to “pressure cook” on high for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, let the pressure naturally release. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Once the pressure is released, carefully remove the spaghetti squash (I used tags since it is pretty hot) and pour out any excess liquid that may be inside. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Using a fork, pull the long strands of squash away from the skin. Continue until you have removed all of the strands. Discard the skins.
- Add the squash to a bowl, top with butter, garlic and herbs. Serve warm with some meatball, chicken or even roasted veggies.
- This recipe is great for meal prep and stores perfectly in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To freshen it up you could add a squeeze of lemon and some more parmesan.
- Pick a ripe squash. You want to make sure the squash is not too big so if fits in the instant pot and has more flavor. The heavier the squash the better. You also want to pick a squash that is bright in color with little to not dents of indentations.
- You can slice the squash in half as I did in this recipe or cook it whole (which takes 15 minutes + release time). In my opinion it yields the same result and it is harder to remove the seeds from a cooked squash.
- If you have any trouble cutting the squash, then you can place it in the microwave for 3 minutes to help soften it.
- What to serve with spaghetti squash? You can serve it with butter and herbs along with some cooked protein of choice like these easy baked eggplant meatballs or these butternut squash vegan meatballs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: instant pot recipes, spaghetti squash, low-carb spaghetti squash recipes