Amazing vegan meatballs with butternut squash, carrots and the most delicious combo of spices. Very easy recipe to make in only a few steps, and a meatless veggie ball recipe you have to try! Vegan + Gluten-Free!
Lately I have been making a lot of butternut squash since it is in season and so flavorful this time of year. It is also very versatile. You can make so many recipes with it, including these delicious Butternut Squash Vegan Meatballs.
I love to use leftover mashed anything to make cute little bite size dishes like this that my kids can dip in yummy sauces. Plus it gives me a chance to sneak some veggies into their food.
One of the best parts of this recipe is the fact that it only contains a few ingredients and I was able to pull it together while my kids were eating breakfast. If you have small children then you understand how triumphant I felt!
Why you will love this recipe
- It is an incredible meatless meatball recipe you will love!
- Super easy and can be pulled together in no time at all.
- Perfect for meal prep and to take on the go!
- It has butternut squash and carrots so you can easily sneak some veggies in.
- They are perfectly crispy but still tender and packed with flavor.
Ingredients needed to make these vegan meatballs
How to make these butternut squash vegan meatballs
- In a medium-size mixing bowl combine the squash, grated carrots, grated onions, flour, parsley, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Mix into a thick but slightly wet, chunky batter.
- Using a small ice cream scoop roll the batter into 12 even size balls and place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Brush each of them with a little olive oil and bake at 300 degrees F, for 35 minutes.
- Then increase the oven temperature to 350F degrees and cook them for another 12-15 minutes to get them nice and crispy.
When they are done cooking, heat up a pan with some tomato sauce. Once the sauce is warmed, roll the vegan meatballs in the tomato sauce and top with more parsley and parmesan cheese. So good!!!!
- I like to make these with leftover squash but you can easily make some mashed squash by simply making roasted butternut squash and then blend it up with a splash or dairy-free milk, garlic and salt & pepper. You can even do this step ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few days before making these meatballs.
- You can keep these gluten-free and use oat flour or gluten-free all purpose flour or regular flour if you don’t need them to be gluten-free.
- If the dough is too wet, then add in one tablespoon of flour. Make sure to use wet hands when rolling these meatballs.
- These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can serve these over spaghetti squash, regular pasta, or even zucchini noodles. My kids also just like to dip them in tomato sauce mixed with ketchup.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you.Print