Butternut Squash Veggie Balls! Crispy on the outside, warm and fluffy on the inside. These veggie balls are A-MAZING! A must try!
Lately I have been making a lot of butternut squash since it is in season and so flavorful this time of year. It is also very versatile. You can make so many recipes with it, including these delicious Butternut Squash Veggie Balls. I love to use leftover mashed anything to make cute little bite size dishes like this that my kids can dip.
They love to dip things in sauce. Mostly ketchup of course but I won them over with this red sauce I paired with the veggies balls by adding a little ketchup to it. Pretty genius if I do say so myself.
The day before I had some family over and made my BEST Mashed Butternut Squash for dinner and it was a hit as always, so please check it out! Anyway, I had a few cups of leftover squash from that recipe and I was trying to think of a creative way to use it up and poof, this idea was born!
These were so good and I cannot believe they are gluten-free and vegan! Score!!!
One of the best parts of this recipe is the fact that it only contains a few ingredients and I was able to pull it together while my kids were eating breakfast. If you have small children then you understand how triumphant I felt!
Here is how I made these easy Butternut Squash Veggie Balls of goodness!
- I simply combined the squash with grated carrots, grated onions, some spices and oat flour.
- Mixed that all up, gave it a taste and then added in some salt and pepper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop I rolled them into balls and placed them on a lined baking sheet and cooked them in the oven at 300F degrees for 40 minutes.
- Then I increased the temperature of my oven to 350F degrees and cooked them for another 10-15 minutes so they could get brown on all sides.
When they were done, I SIMPLY drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled some salt and freshly chopped parsley on top. Adding a dipping sauce made of spaghetti sauce with a few tablespoons of ketchup on the side totally worked. My kids devoured them.
Butternut Squash Veggie Balls
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking sheet
- 2 cups cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 3/4 cup oat flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to combine. Add more flour if the batter is too sticky.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, form the batter into bite-size balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven at 300F degrees for 40 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 350F degrees and place the baking sheet with the balls on the top rack of your oven. Cook for 10 more minutes, until brown on all sides.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly chopped parsley.