This healthy buffalo chicken dip is so easy to make and it is the perfect appetizer or gameday snack! It is rich, creamy, and spicy, and is also gluten-free, and low-carb. Enjoy it with some fresh veggies or tortilla chips
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce – homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup cottage cheese – I whipped mine in the food processor
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell peppers – I used store-bought
- 1/2 cup green chilis – I used store-bought
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3–1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings – sliced scallions, crumbled blue cheese, chives, greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray an 8×8 or 8×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add all of the dip ingredients, except the shredded cheese to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, spread it out in an even layer, and top it with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17-20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are nice and golden and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes, then top and serve!
- If you are not a fan of cottage cheese then you can use greek yogurt in place of it but you really cannot taste it. Plus cottage cheese has 28 grams of protein in 1 cup, which is amazing!
- You can assemble the dip, cover it, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before you bake and serve it.
- This buffalo chicken dip can be stored in the refrigerator after you bake it for up to 4 days.
- Easily reheat portions in the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees F until the cheese is melted and the dip is warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip recipe, chicken dip