This Rainbow Chicken Pad Thai is the perfect date night or weekday family meal that everyone will go crazy for. No need for take-out with this recipe. Vibrant, crisp veggies, tender, juicy chicken and soft rice noodles all mixed in a luscious salty and sweet pad thai sauce. Gluten-Free and ready in under 30 minutes.
For the Pad Thai Mixture
- 1 package of brown rice noodles – 4-6 ounces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced or shredded carrots
- 1/2 purple onion – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger – minced
- 2–3 large eggs
For the Pad Thai Sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (optional)
Extras for topping
- Dry roasted peanuts – chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds
Cook the noodles
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and set aside.
Mix up the sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
Cook the chicken
- Heat up a large skillet, wok, or heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan once the oil is hot, and toss and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate or bowl.
Cook the veggies and eggs
- Add the veggies to the same pan you cooked the chicken in and toss. Add a little drizzle of oil if needed. Cook the veggies for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add in the minced garlic and ginger, toss and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and lightly whisk. Make a well in the center of the veggies and pour in the eggs. Scramble and cook the eggs then mix them in with the veggies.
Put it all together
- Add the chicken and noodles to the veggie/egg mixture and toss. Pour in the sauce and mix it all together.
- Sprinkle everything with fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- You can add in more veggies like sliced kale, edamame, or bean sprouts for more variety and crunch.
- To kick up the spice, add red pepper flake or minced Thai red chili peppers.
- Switch up the protein and add in shrimp or sliced cooked pork.
- Make this recipe vegetarian by swapping the chicken with crispy cooked tofu or tempeh. You can also check out this Easy Vegetarian Pad Thai.
- Make this low-carb by leaving out the rice noodles and adding in some cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Butternut squash noodles would also be delicious in this recipe.
- To store this recipe. Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds or over low heat on the stove.
- Category: healthy dinner ideas
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: thai