Get your pizza fix with this easy protein pizza, ready in under 30 minutes and packed with over 20 grams of protein per serving. Enjoy a healthier version of traditional pizza without sacrificing flavor!
For the protein pizza dough
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour – or regular all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce – or more if needed
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place one of the racks in the center of the oven. Spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Make the self-rising flour by mixing the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using a fork or rubber spatula mix in the Greek yogurt with the self-rising flour and use your hands to knead the dough to form a smooth dough ball. This takes 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some flour over the dough and onto your hands if the dough is sticky.
- Spread the dough onto the greased pizza pan or baking sheet using your hands to press it into a pizza shape. Pressing the dough from the center to the edges of the pan is the easiest way to do this. Then pre-bake it for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- After 5 minutes, remove the pizza crust from the oven. Spread the pizza sauce in an even layer all over the pizza, leaving a 3/4 inch edge, then evenly spread the cheese over the top then bake for 15-17 more minutes, until the crust is perfectly golden.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, slice, and serve!
- Use a sprinkle of flour and well-floured hands to knead and mix the dough into a smooth dough ball.
- You can use your hands or a rolling pin to roll out the dough, but I found that pressing it into the pan with your hands was the best method. If using a rolling pin then roll the dough out on top of parchment paper to make it easier to be transferred to the pizza pan.
- For a crispier crust, brush the pizza dough with olive oil or spray it with olive oil spray before you bake it.
- Store leftover pizza layered between parchment paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the oven on a pan at 375 degrees F until the cheese is melted and the pizza is warmed through. You can also reheat individual slices in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: protein pizza, protein pizza recipe, traditional pizza, healthy pizza, pizza