This easy to make baked veggie frittata with kale and sweet potato is the perfect light breakfast for any busy morning. Perfectly sauteed kale and onions mixed with tender roasted sweet potatoes and creamy goat cheese all baked with protein-packed, fluffy eggs. A nutritious + crazy delicious breakfast frittata you have to try!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup diced purple onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup softened goat cheese
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsps fresh chives (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sweet potato into a medium-size mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Lay the seasoned sweet potato onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes until tender and slightly golden brown.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, you can prep the rest of the ingredients. Heat up the skillet you want to cook the frittata in to medium-high heat and pour in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until it is starting to turn brown and translucent. Then add in the minced garlic, stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the sliced kale to the pan with the onions and garlic and cook until wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a medium-size mixing bowl and whisk, add in some salt and pepper to season.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, add them to the pan with the kale and onions and spread out the veggies so they cover the bottom of the pan
- Pour the eggs evenly over the kale and sweet potato. Top with diced red bell pepper, oregano, and the goat cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are starting to get nice and golden brown and the center is firm.
- Remove, top with diced chives, slice and serve warm.
- Dice the veggies small and thinly slice the kale so it cooks evenly. You can switch up the veggies and use spinach, roasted butternut squash, or even diced steamed broccoli.
- Use large, good quality eggs.
- To make this recipe ahead: Cook the sweet potatoes, saute the kale, onions, and garlic, and whisk the eggs. Store everything in separate airtight containers and assemble and bake the next day.
- Serve nice and warm since this is best if eaten warm and not cold. To reheat: Place in microwave for 45 seconds on high for 1 slice.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American