Kale quinoa salad is loaded with fresh veggies, quinoa, and chickpeas tossed with an amazing lemon dressing! Gluten-free and vegetarian.
- 6 cups of chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil – for massaging the kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa – cooled
- 1 cup canned chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Kale salad dressing
- Prepare the kale – rinse the kale really well under cold water then place it onto a clean towel to dry it, you can also use a salad spinner to do this. Then use a sharp kitchen knife to chop the kale and place it into a large bowl. Drizzle it with some olive oil and sprinkle it with a pinch of salt. Use your hands to massage and crunch the kale for 1-2 minutes to tenderize it. Then let it sit for 10 minutes before you assemble the salad.
- Assemble the salad – Add the rest of the salad ingredients, except the dressing to the bowl with the kale.
- Dress and serve. Mix up the kale salad dressing and pour it all over the salad. Toss everything together and serve.
- Make sure to properly prepare your kale by rinsing it well, drying it on a clean towel or in a salad spinner then drizzle it with oil and a sprinkle of salt, and massage it with your fingers for a few minutes. Then let it rest for about 10 minutes before you assemble the salad.
- You can store this salad in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This salad was adapted from Recipe Tin Eats
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Quick and easy salads
- Method: Assembled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: kale quinoa salad, kale salad, kale and quinoa salad, kale salad with quinoa