Smooth and creamy homemade roasted red pepper hummus that is sure to please anyone. Hearty chickpeas and roasted red peppers are the stars of this recipe, blended together with zesty lemon, garlic, tahini paste, and olive oil. Finished off with diced red peppers and chives. Ready in under 10 minutes and so delicious!
- 15 oz Can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Tahini paste
- The juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup Roasted red peppers (jarred)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (plus more for serving)
- Prep the chickpeas: Use your fingers to remove the skins from the chickpeas. Rub the chickpeas between your fingers and the skins should slip right off. Discard the skins and place the chickpeas into a bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and the remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Cover and pulse until a smooth. Add in more olive oil or lemon juice and continue to pulse if the hummus still looks too chunky. Season with more salt and pepper for taste if needed.
- Place the hummus into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, pretzels, or veggies.
- Make sure you peel the skin off of the chickpeas. It makes all the difference in the world for a super smooth hummus. It seems tedious but it really only takes a few minutes.
- You can use jarred roasted red peppers and take the help from the store, or roast you own in a 475 F degree oven for roughly 45 minutes. I prefer using store-bought when I am short on time.
- For a classic hummus, simply leave out the red peppers and follow the rest of the recipe.
- This hummus stores great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Pair it with fresh-cut veggies, whole grain crackers, or pita chips for a quick healthy snack.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Puree'
- Cuisine: Mediterranean