These baked lemon pepper chicken wings are crispy and flavorful and can be made in about 30 minutes! You are going to love these easy chicken wings that make a great healthy appetizer or main dish that is gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly!
- 2 pounds chicken wings – about 10 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil – divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning – choose your favorite brand
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon honey – optional for a hint of sweetness
- Prep the chicken. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Dry the chicken wings well with a clean paper towel then drizzle them with a little olive oil (to help the seasoning stick to them better). Then sprinkle them with garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper and toss to coat them all.
- Bake the chicken. Place the seasoned chicken wings in a single layer (not overlapping) onto a baking sheet topped with a baking rack. Cook the wings for 20-25 minutes until they are nice and crispy and cooked through.
- Make the lemon pepper sauce. Combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon pepper seasoning, honey (optional for a hint of sweetness), and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Mix the wings in the sauce. Once the wings are done cooking, immediately transfer them to a large mixing bowl and toss them in the lemon pepper sauce.
- Serve. Serve hot with a delicious dipping sauce like ranch or blue cheese and some fresh-cut veggies like cucumber, carrots, and celery.
- Dry the chicken wings really well before you season and bake them. This will ensure they get super crispy when they cook.
- Use a little bit of oil to coat the chicken before you add the seasoning so it sticks to the chicken better.
- Cook the chicken on a rack that is on a baking sheet to allow it to get nice and crispy all over. For even crispier chicken wings, you can turn the wings over halfway through the cooking time.
- Toss the baked chicken wings in the sauce immediately after they come out of the oven. The heat from the chicken will help the sauce really stick to the wings.
- You can store these lemon pepper wings after they have cooled, in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat portions in the microwave or the oven until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon pepper chicken wings, lemon pepper wings, chicken wings, wings