These amazing air fryer sweet potatoes are the perfect healthy side dish! They only require 3 ingredients and they are so easy to make right in the air fryer. With this recipe you will get perfectly fluffy and flavourful baked sweet potatoes every, single time!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2–3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Scrub the potatoes then poke them all over with a fork for venting.
- Rub each potato with olive oil and season each with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F, if necessary. Place the sweet potatoes into the air fryer and cook them for 20-25 minutes. After 25 minutes, flip them over and cook them for 20-25 more minutes until a fork can easily pierce them and they are nice and soft.
- Remove, slice open and top with butter and salt. See more topping suggestions in the post.
- Do I need to poke holes in the potatoes before cooking? Yes you do to allow the steam to vent when they are cooking.
- Medium size sweet potatoes work best in this recipe.
- Check the potatoes close to the end of the cooking time to make adjustments if needed.
- You can store cooked sweet potatoes after they have fully cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Healthy Side Dishes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American