Gluten-free chicken parmesan that is golden, crispy, and loaded with delicious Italian flavors. You can make it with a few simple ingredients in 30 minutes. It is a wonderfully quick, healthy, and affordable meal the whole family will enjoy!
- 2–3 (5-6 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3–4 chicken cutlets
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1.5 cups gluten-free panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken – to cut the chicken breasts into cutlets, use a sharp kitchen knife to slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise to give you two even pieces of chicken. Then place each piece of chicken between some plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or a rolling pin to pound each one out until it is even in thickness all around. Do the same with each piece of chicken. Then dry the chicken on both sides with a clean paper towel.
- Coat the chicken. Crack the eggs in a shallow bowl and whisk them with the milk, salt, and pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the panko, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parsley. Then drizzle the olive oil over the breadcrumbs and use your hands to pinch and mix the oil into the breading mixture. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then the breadcrumbs, pressing the breading into the chicken as you dredge it. Then place the coated chicken cutlets onto the baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake. Cook the chicken in the oven at 400 degrees F for 17-20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Then top each piece of chicken with some marinara sauce and shredded cheese. Return the chicken to the oven and bake it for a couple of more minutes just to melt the chees.
- Serve. Enjoy hot topped with more parmesan cheese and parsley or chopped basil.
- Use even size chicken breasts so they cook at the same time.
- Select a good quality marinara sauce or make your own.
- Cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. You can check this using a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of one of the pieces of chicken.
- You can store this cooked chicken parmesan in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat it in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F or in the microwave until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free chicken parmesan, chicken parmesan, chicken recipes, chicken