These simple and delicious oven roasted chickpeas come out perfectly crispy and packed with so much flavor. They are made with just canned chickpeas, oil, and seasoning and are a wonderful healthy snack that even the kids will love!
- 2 (15oz) cans low-sodium chickpeas – drained and rinsed well
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt + more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the chickpeas: Lay the chickpeas onto a dry kitchen towel and pat them dry with a paper towel then transfer them to a medium size mixing bowl. A necessary step for extra crispy chickpeas.
- Season the chickpeas: Combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas and toss them in the oil. Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and toss to coat all of the chickpeas.
- Roast: Pour the chickpeas in a single layer onto the baking sheet and bake them for 25-30 minutes, tossing them and shaking the pan every 10 minutes to get all sides nice and golden brown.
- Serve: Serve hot with a sprinkle sea salt. See post for other serving suggestions.
- Use low-sodium canned chickpeas so you can control the salt.
- Dry the chickpeas really well before combining them with the oil and seasoning.
- Toss the chickpeas while they cook so they all get nice and golden and crispy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: oven roasted chickpeas, roasted chickpeas, crispy chickpeas, chickpeas.