These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips give you everything you want in a salty, crunchy snack without any guilt. Hassle free and incredibly easy to make in minutes with only 3 ingredients. Vegan, gluten free, kid-friendly and Whole30.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dried parsley for garnish – optional
- Prep the sweet potatoes. Wash and dry the sweet potato well and slice it into 1/8 inch thick rounds using a knife or the preferred method, a mandolin slicer, which will give you more evenly sliced chips. Then place them onto a few clean paper towels and pat them dry. This is important for super crispy chips.
- Season the sweet potato. Place the dry, sliced sweet potato chips into a large bowl and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon avocado oil, toss to coat them all in the oil and then sprinkle them with the salt and pepper and toss. You really want them to be nice and coated in the seasoning.
- Cook the sweet potato chips. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the inside of the basket with a little olive oil spray. Air Fry in batches: Place the sliced sweet potato in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook them for 12-14 minutes at 375 degrees F. Check them at around 5-7 minutes since some chips will cook faster than others, so you may need to remove some that are already done. Then continue cooking the rest of the chips until they are nice and crispy. They will crisp up a little bit more after you remove them from the air fryer.
- Garnish and serve. Place the chips onto a paper towel lined dish to crisp up even more and sprinkle them with a dash of dried parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Try to use medium-large sweet potatoes that are even in size all around. There are still going to be some slices that are different sizes but selecting a sweet potato that you know you will be cutting into even size slices that is rounder rather then longer is best.
- Make these oil-free. You can either coat the chips in oil as suggested in this recipe or spray them with olive oil spray instead, to keep the calories slightly lower. Avocado oil and olive oil are healthy fats so a little bit is okay and makes these chips super crispy, so if you are watching the oil you consume then they will still come out great if you use olive oil spray.
- Use a mandolin slicer to cut the potatoes. I tried cutting the potatoes into slices with a sharp kitchen knife as well as a mandolin and the mandolin was not only easier but resulted in thinner, even slices. Plus, it was much faster.
- Make sure to cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch thick slices or slightly thinner so the chips get nice and crispy. If you cut them too thick then they will not get as crispy.
- Do not overcrowd the air Freyr basket. Make sure you lay the sweet potato in an even layer in the air fryer basket to ensure they cook evenly and get nice and crispy all around.
- Storing these sweet potato chips. You can store these in an airtight container for up to 3 days for quick healthy lunch box snacks or to satisfy those late night salty cravings.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American