These air fryer sweet potato chips make the best healthy, crunchy snack! You can make them in under 30 minutes and they are much healthier than store-bought chips. This homemade version is easy to make and is a wonderful healthy snack that even kids love.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes – that are even all around.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the sweet potatoes. Scrub the sweet potatoes really well then dry them well with a clean towel. Use a mandolin slicer, vegetable peeler, or sharp kitchen knife to cut the potatoes into thin 1/8-inch thick slices, or chips.
- Season the potatoes. Place the sliced sweet potatoes into a medium bowl, drizzle them with oil, and season them with salt and pepper. Toss to coat them in the seasoning.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Once it is ready, place the sweet potato chips into the air fryer basket in a single layer with very little overlapping. Cook for 5-8 minutes, check the chips every 2 minutes. Remove any that are done, then continue cooking the rest. Place the chips onto a clean paper towel to cool for a few minutes. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Serve. Enjoy these sweet potato chips with some ketchup or your favorite chip dip!
- Try to use medium-large sweet potatoes that are even in size all around. There are still going to be some slices that are different sizes but selecting a sweet potato that you know you will be cutting into even-size slices that is rounder rather than longer is best.
- Use a mandolin slicer to cut the potatoes. I tried cutting the potatoes into slices with a sharp kitchen knife as well as a mandolin and the mandolin was not only easier but resulted in thinner, even slices. Plus, it was much faster.
- Do not over crowd the air fryer basket. Make sure you lay the sweet potato in an even layer in the air fryer basket to ensure they cook evenly and get nice and crispy all around.
- Storing these sweet potato chips. You can store these chips in a ziplock bag or container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American