Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Cutlets that have an amazing golden, crispy crust and a crazy juicy center. This healthier fried chicken recipe is totally gluten free and can be made in under 30 minutes with no frying in oil.
- 2 (5-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk – you can use non-dairy
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise so it yields two even pieces from each chicken breast. Place each chicken cutlet between some plastic wrap and pound it out thin to 1/4 inch thickness. You can use a meat tenderiser if you have one or a rolling pin like I used. Continue until you have pounded out all of the chicken into cutlets.
- In a medium size shallow dish, crack the eggs, add the milk and some salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. In a separate shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese, seasoning and salt and pepper.
- dip each chicken cutlet into the egg then the breading, pressing the breadcrumb mixture into the chicken on both sides. Then place the coated chicken onto the lined baking sheet. Continue with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 17-20 minutes until golden and cooked through. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when it is done.
- Try to use chicken breasts that are similar in size and cut them in even size pieces so everything cooks evenly.
- Season the eggs and breadcrumb mixture well with salt and pepper so all of the layers of the chicken have lots of flavor.
- You can use pre seasoned breadcrumbs that you can find at most grocery stores. If you use seasoned breadcrumbs that you do not need to add the seasoning blend.
- For even more flavor, you can marinate the chicken before you coat it and bake it. To do this, pound it out into cutlets, then place it into a bowl with your favorite chicken marinade and marinate it for 30 minutes or even overnight. Then follow the rest of the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American