Easy, healthy crispy baked beet chips. Slightly sweet and crunchy with a hint of sea salt and no oil added. The perfect guilt-free snack everyone with love!
- 3 medium beets
- olive oil cooking spray
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut off the roots of the beets and save the greens for salads and stir-fries.
- Scrub and rinse the beets to get all of the dirt off. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, carefully slice the beets relatively thin like chips, about 1/16th of an inch thick. They should curl up slightly when you cut them.
- Lightly pat the beets with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle them with a little salt and let them sit for about 10 minutes to remove more moisture.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Make sure the beets are not overlapping. You will need to use more than one sheet pan for this recipe and cook the beets in a couple of batches.
- Spray the beets with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. You can also sprinkle them with dried rosemary or thyme.
- Bake in the middle rack of your oven for about 15-20 minutes until super crispy. Watch them, so they don’t burn.
- Remove, serve warm, and enjoy!
- You can use golden beets or even turnips for this recipe. Turnips take less time to cook, so make sure to watch them, so they don’t burn.
- These beet chips can be stored in a ziplock bag or airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days!
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beets, beet chip, veggie chip recipe, healthy beet recipes