This creamy and crunchy Carrot Raisin Salad is the perfect side dish to any meal. It has a wonderful fresh and lightly sweet flavor from the raisins and the most amazing creamy dressing that brings it to a whole new level. Plus, it is dairy-free, paleo and gluten-free!
For the salad
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium apple – shredded or julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup black raisins
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup avocado mayo
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Fresh chopped mint for garnish
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix up the dressing and pour it over the salad and toss.
- Top with chopped mint, if desired and serve!
- You can shred your own carrots but I think that the store-bought, pre shredded carrots work great in this recipe. Plus it saves you some time. Baby carrots do not work as well since they don’t have as much flavor.
- Try adding some shredded zucchini for extra color and nutrition.
- Can you make this recipe vegan? Yes, you can use vegan mayo in place of the avocado mayo to make this recipe vegan.
- Is this recipe Whole30? No, it is not because of the maple syrup but you could omit it or use date syrup or pineapple juice as the sweetener in the dressing to make it Whole30 compliant.
- How many carbs are in carrot raisin salad? This recipe only have about 14-16 grams of carbs in it.
- You can store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after you have assembled it.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Quick and Easy Salads
- Method: Assembled
- Cuisine: American