This easy Carrot Raisin Salad is so quick to make for a cool, crunchy side dish. Loaded with creamy, fresh, slightly sweet flavors, making it a wonderful salad for potlucks and BBQs. It is similar to the old-fashioned carrot raisin salad but jazzed up a bit by adding in sliced apples, golden raisins, and chopped pecans. This version is also dairy-free and gluten-free.
For the salad
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium apple – julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup black raisins
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup avocado mayo
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix up the dressing ingredients and whisk until fully combined then pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- I recommend shredding your own carrots for the best results. Store-bought shredded carrots will work but will give this salad a different taste and texture.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Quick and Easy Salads
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot raisin salad, carrot salad, old fashioned carrot salad, carrots, salad