- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 cups seasoned parmesan breadcrumbs – or make your own, see notes below
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil spray – for extra crispy chicken
Optional additional seasoning
- Shredded parmesan cheese – for topping
- Red pepper flakes
- Hot sauce
- Prepare the chicken breast – Use a sharp kitchen knife to slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise like a book so you get 2 pieces of chicken from each chicken breast. Then pat the chicken dry with a clean towel.
- Coat the chicken – Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl, crack and whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper in another shallow bowl. Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs, then into the breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken as you bread it. Continue until you have coated all of the chicken.
- Cook – Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Place the breaded chicken into the air fryer in a single layer and spray each piece with cooking spray (you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Cook for 6 minutes, flip each piece of the chicken over and spray the other side with more olive oil spray and cook for 5 more minutes. Until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve – once the chicken is done cooking, let it rest for at least five minutes then slice and serve it with a sprinkle of lemon and more salt and pepper.
- Make sure to use chicken breasts that are similar in size for even cooking times. Chicken is safe to eat once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Flip the chicken and spray it on the other side halfway through the cooking time.
- For the best results, use parmesan breadcrumbs or make your own (2 cups breadcrumbs + 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons dried parsley + salt and pepper).
- You can store this chicken breast in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat it in the air fryer at 350 degrees for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 4
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air-Fried
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer breaded chicken breast, air fryer chicken breast, chicken breast recipe, breaded chicken breast in the air fryer