This moist and delicious healthy turkey meatloaf is very easy to make and it is one of the best meatloaf recipes that the whole family will love! It is packed with veggies and incredible flavor and topped with the most amazing sweet tomato glaze. Plus it is gluten-free!
For the veggies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 green bell pepper – diced
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic – peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the meatloaf mixture
- 1.5–2 pounds of 90-93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs – I used Italian seasoned for extra flavor
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
For the sweet tomato glaze
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
To make the veggie mixture
- Heat up a medium skillet to medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the onions and peppers and toss them in the oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the veggies are soft and the onions are translucent. Then add the garlic and carrots. Season the veggies with salt and pepper, toss and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and let the veggies cool.
Make the meatloaf mixture
- Add the ground turkey to a medium size mixing bowl. Then add in the breadcrumbs, chicken stock, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and more salt and pepper. Mix that all together with your hands until fully combined.
- Add in the cooled veggies and mix everything together to form the meatloaf mixture.
Form and bake the meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the baking sheet and use your hand to form it into a 8.5 x 5 inch loaf.
- Place the meatloaf into the preheated oven on the middle rack and cook for 30-35 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Mix up the tomato glaze. Add the ketchup, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475 degrees F and return the meatloaf to the oven to brown the edges and top slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes then top it with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve warm with your favorite side dish.
- Ground turkey – use 93/7 ground turkey for the best flavor.
- Veggies – let the veggies cool before you add them to the meatloaf mixture.
- Storing and reheating – You can store this cooked meatloaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Easily reheat portions in the microwave until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy turkey meatloaf, turkey meatloaf, gluten free meatloaf, meatloaf