This creamy Fennel Slaw is so good and so simple to make. It is made with fresh, sliced fennel, cabbage, red onion and apple all mixed in a creamy yogurt dill dressing. Packed with nutrition and so satisfying and delicious. It makes a perfect healthy side dish!
For the slaw
- 1 cup sliced fennel
- 1 cup sliced green or purple cabbage
- 1 small apple – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
For the yogurt dill dressing
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt – full fat or nonfat
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice + 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons avocado mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Add all of the slaw ingredients to a medium-size bowl.
- Mix up the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a bowl. Then whisk well to combine into a creamy yogurt dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to coat everything.
- Serve topped with more chopped dill and a pinch of black pepper.
- You can store this coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Quick and easy salads
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fennel slaw, fennel apple slaw, apple fennel slaw, healthy coleslaw, coleslaw, slaw