This easy roasted green beans and potatoes recipe can be made quickly with only 6 simple ingredients. It is packed with so much flavor and nutrition and it goes great with everything from chicken to fish. Plus, it is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- 1 pound baby gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil – divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder – divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans – with the stems cut off
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the potatoes into even size pieces (about 1-1.5 inches) and place them into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Drizzle them with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season them with 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer onto the baking sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the green beans. Add the green beans to the same bowl you seasoned the potatoes in. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season them with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Once the potatoes are ready, remove them from the oven and add the green beans. I like to place the green beans in between the potatoes in the pan. Return the pan to the oven and continue cooking the green beans and potatoes for 15-20 more minutes until the green beans are tender and the potatoes are nice and golden and crispy.
- Once they are done, remove them from the oven and serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- Make sure to cut the potatoes into even size pieces for even cooking.
- Use a larger baking sheet so you can easily spread out the potatoes and green beans.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- You can store the cooked green beans and potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat portions in the microwave or the oven until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Healthy Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green beans and potatoes, potatoes and green beans, green beans, potatoes