These simple oatmeal peanut butter balls are the perfect healthy snack for your sweet tooth. With a delicious combination of creamy peanut butter, crunchy oats, ground flax seeds, shredded coconut, and maple syrup, they are quick and easy to make and perfect for on-the-go snacking.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter – a nice drippy peanut butter
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup – add 2 tablespoons then add more if needed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut – unsweetened
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix well to combine using a wooden spoon or your clean hands. Place the mixture in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Line a plate or tray with parchment paper and roll the mixture into even size balls, about the size of a golf ball (about 1 heaping tablespoon). If the mixture is too sticky then spray your hands with cooking spray or rub some oil on them. It will make them much easier to roll. Then place them onto the lined plate or tray in a single layer with no overlapping and chill them in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use a nice drippy peanut butter or microwave a thicker peanut butter for 35 seconds before combining it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into even size balls – this recipe makes 10-12 energy balls if you use a small ice cream scoop that is about 1 heaping tablespoon.
- Do not skip the chill time!
- Wet or spray your hands with cooking spray or oil to make the mixture easier to roll.
- Store them in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal peanut butter balls, peanut butter oatmeal balls, peanut butter balls