These Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are a lighter, quicker way to make chicken nuggets that your whole family will love. You can make them in under 20 minutes and they come out crispy and perfectly juicy and tender thanks to the air fryer.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast – cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons milk – I used unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray – optional for really crispy nuggets
- Prep and coat the chicken. Mix up the egg mixture in a medium, shallow bowl by whisking the eggs, olive oil vinegar and milk together. In a separate bowl mix up the breading mixture by combining the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and shake it a little bit to get any extra egg off of the chicken. Then coat it in the breadcrumbs and continue until you have coated all of the chicken. Place the chicken onto a baking sheet with a rack or a clean plate so you can easily transfer it to the air fryer. Continue until you have coated all of the chicken.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the breaded chicken nuggets in a single layer (making sure they do not overlap) into the air fryer basket. Cook them at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, flipping them over half way through the cooking time. Continue until you have cooked all of the chicken nuggets.
- Serve. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. See dipping sauce suggestions below.
- Cut the chicken into even size pieces like 1-inch cubes so that it all cooks at the same time.
- Once you dip the chicken into the egg mixture, shake it a little bit to get rid of any excess egg.
- Lightly press the breadcrumbs into each piece of chicken breast as you coat it to help it stick better.
- Flip the chicken over half way through the cooking time to allow the chicken to get perfectly golden on all sides.
- For the crispiest chicken, spray the chicken with olive oil spray before you cook it. I like to use the MISTO olive oil mister.
- Dipping sauce ideas: ketchup, honey mustard – (combine 1/4 cup dijon or yellow mustard with 1 tablespoon honey), BBQ sauce, ranch or thousand island dressing, pizza sauce
- To store: place cooked chicken nuggets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in a freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: Reheat from frozen state in the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 8-9 minutes. Reheat right from the refrigerator in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American